5 - Timeskip

It had been seven years since Katsuro had begun living what could almost be described as a relatively normal childhood—normal compared to his past life.

Now at 12, Katsuro remained a cold and calculating individual, his mind sharp with battle-hardened instincts that came from a life he kept hidden from his family. But even so, this life, this new experience, had moments of peace. Moments where he could almost forget.

"Katsuro!"

The sound of his sister's voice broke through the quiet of his slumber. Katsuro cracked open one eye, already knowing that Sarada's boundless energy was about to disrupt his morning.

"What do you want?" he asked bluntly, his voice still heavy with sleep.

Sarada's face lit up with excitement. "It's my birthday! I'm 14 now!"

Katsuro grunted in acknowledgment. "Mmmkay... 'pi Birthday..." His words slurred as he turned over, fully intending to go right back to sleep. "Now let me get back to my slumber—"

But before he could finish his sentence, Sarada grabbed his arm with surprising strength, yanking him out of bed in one swift motion. Katsuro stumbled, barely catching himself as he was pulled upright, his irritation instantly flaring.

"C'mon!" Sarada exclaimed, her voice filled with determination. "You're oversleeping again! We're going to Signal Academy today to enroll your butt! I'm finally done with homeschooling and I'll be going to an actual school!"

Katsuro glared at her, his icy demeanor slipping back into place as he rubbed his eyes, reluctantly rising to his feet. "You could've just said that instead of trying to rip my arm off," he muttered under his breath, but Sarada didn't pay his complaint any mind. Her excitement was contagious, even if Katsuro wouldn't admit it.

Sarada tugged him toward the door, her smile wide and her enthusiasm palpable. "I can't wait to see what Signal's like! I'll be training to become a real Huntress! And i'll finally get to learn some real combat skills too. If you watch me closely, I can teach you some combat skills myself!"

Katsuro scoffed at that, a part of him amused by her words. 'Combat skills, huh?' He had more battle experience than most professional Huntsmen could dream of, though of course, Sarada had no idea.

Still, Signal Academy would give him the chance to continue honing his abilities in a way that wouldn't raise suspicion.

As they made their way through the hall, Sarada continued rambling on about how she was going to be the best Huntress in their generation.

Katsuro simply nodded here and there, not really listening, but finding a strange comfort in his sister's chatter. Despite his cold exterior, he did care about Sarada. She was one of the few people who brought warmth into his life, even if he rarely showed it.

As they neared the main living area, Weiss and Sasuke were already waiting for them. Weiss smiled warmly at the sight of her children, while Sasuke gave a subtle nod, acknowledging his son with that same quiet understanding they always shared.

"Ready to head out?" Sasuke asked, his voice calm but with a hint of pride for both of them.

Sarada, as usual, answered with her boundless energy. "Absolutely! We're gonna crush it at Signal!"

Katsuro, still rubbing the sleep from his eyes, only shrugged. "Yeah, sure... Let's get this over with."

Weiss chuckled, shaking her head at Katsuro's typical nonchalance, while Sasuke's gaze lingered on his son for a moment longer. He could see something in Katsuro—a quiet resolve, a hidden strength. It reminded him of someone, though he couldn't quite place it.