7 - Aftermath

Vale Bunker

The evacuation shelters were a sea of hushed confusion, filled with people who had little understanding of the danger that had suddenly descended upon their lives.

Families huddled together, parents shielding their children, and friends held onto each other, casting anxious glances at the reinforced doors.

Weiss kept a steady hand on the shoulders of her two children, Katsuro and Sarada.

Despite the anxiety gripping the shelter, she held her composure, her face a mask of calm that she hoped would reassure them. Katsuro, always attentive, stayed close to his sister, his protective instinct evident even at his young age.

Sarada, though quiet, looked up at her mother with a mixture of worry and trust, seeking reassurance in Weiss's unwavering presence.

Hours passed, and with each tick of the clock, an invisible weight settled over the crowd.

The unease grew like a shadow, casting a heavy silence over the shelter. Whispered conversations spread, filled with worry and speculation about why they'd been ordered here.

Tension seeped into every corner, and people's voices grew increasingly sharp with fear and impatience.

Just as the tension seemed unbearable, the holographic screens positioned around the shelter blinked to life, casting a soft glow over the crowd.

Gasps and murmurs rippled through the room as the image resolved into a familiar face—Sasuke Rose, the National Hero of Remnant.

The sight of Sasuke's calm, determined face on the screen stilled every voice in the shelter. His presence alone was enough to quiet the crowd; it was a face they trusted, a symbol of strength and protection.

People leaned in closer, their attention sharp, knowing that whatever he had to say would bring answers or at least reassurance.

Weiss tightened her arm around her children as she looked up at the screen, relief and pride flickering in her gaze.

She knew the weight Sasuke carried, the burdens he bore for the people of Remnant. To them, he was a guardian. To her and their children, he was everything.

Sasuke's eyes, sharp and steady, scanned over the gathered crowd on the screen, as if he could see each person individually. His voice was calm, but laced with a gravity that silenced any lingering whispers.

"People of Vale," he began, his tone unwavering. "You've been brought here today because a threat emerged—a danger that required immediate action. I know this sudden evacuation has caused concern and confusion. I ask for your patience and trust. This measure was taken to ensure your safety and to protect the lives of every single one of you."

The crowd watched him with rapt attention, hanging on his every word. He let a moment of silence pass, allowing his words to settle, before continuing.

"The danger has been neutralized, thanks to the efforts of our Huntsmen, Huntresses, and the combined strength of our military forces. But make no mistake," he paused, his gaze hardening, "our world still faces threats that will require every ounce of vigilance and unity we can muster. This incident has shown us that we must remain prepared for anything."

Katsuro, looking up at the screen, felt a swell of pride as he watched his father address the people. Sarada, too, watched in awe, her small hand clasped tightly in her brother's.

Though young, they understood that their father's words meant hope and resilience for the people who relied on him.

Sasuke's expression softened, though his resolve remained clear. "You will be allowed to return home shortly. But know that Beacon Academy, our Huntsmen, and I are committed to protecting every one of you. Together, we will continue to face whatever comes our way."