Chapter 21

June

We reach Tess' apartment in approximately 5 minutes. She smiles as she opens the door, then raises an eyebrow at the sight of us.

"What have you two been doing?" Tess laughs. "You've got dirt everywhere."

Day and I walk inside and look down at our clothes. I didn't notice before, but my once pristine uniform now has smudges of brown everywhere. Day's clothes look exactly like mine, and his hair is a tangled mess of gold sitting atop his head. He looks at my face, then bursts out laughing.

"Your hair," he says pointing.

Tess sighs. "You're like children, honestly," she says, shaking her head, then leads us down the hallway. "I've got clothes that'll fit you, June, but I'm afraid you'll be stuck in that for a while Day."

We stop in front of what appears to be a bathroom door. "In the meantime," Tess says, turning to him, "you can wash up."

Day thanks her and goes inside. Tess then takes me to her room.

"So, you and Day," she says once we're inside. A smirk plays on her lips as she looks at me. "Back at it again, yeah?"

My cheeks grow red. "Shut up," I say.

Tess giggles. "I don't blame you, cousin." Then she disappears into her walk in closet, (about 6 feet by 5 feet, standard size), and comes out holding a pale pink, crochet top with a split back, and a pair of black pants.

"Gotta give Day something nice, yeah?" she says. I shake my head but can't help smiling.

Tess gives me time to wash up and change in her bathroom while she waits in her room. When I come outside with a high ponytail, she stands and shakes her head.

"You need to get in touch with your feminine side," she takes it down so that my hair falls in a curtain to the small of my back, then steps back and claps her hands. "He won't be able to stop looking at you."

Tess then proceeds to lead me out of her room, and into her living area.