Chapter 23

*This is a short one guys. I hope you still enjoy it :)

-----------------------------------------------------------

June

I dream that night.

The moon is out, full and bright. A light breeze blows across the land, just cold enough to cause me to shiver. I look around and realize I'm standing on a balcony, overlooking the Batalla sector from 4 floors up. Street lights below illuminate the entire district, and I suck in my breath as I marvel in the beauty of it all. I turn my face upwards towards the moon and close my eyes.

"What are you thinking about?"

A whisper. I freeze. A mere wisp of his voice is enough to send my skin tingling. Slowly I turn, opening my eyes to the person beside me. Day.

His hair falls in an elegant sweep over his shoulders. The bright blue of eyes, now illuminated moreso by the moonlight. There's a softness to it all that I can't help but fall for. He looks so perfect, so beautiful.

Day smiles, kind and inviting. "What are you thinking about?" he asks again.

I turn away from him then, and look up at the sky. Here and there a star is visible, a glimmer of hope in a vast unknown. I smile.

"About how beautiful it all is," I reply.

"Me too."

And from the corner of my eye I can see that he's still looking at me. I hope it's too dark for him to notice the rising colour in my cheeks, put there by the double meaning behind his words.

I'll have to wake up soon, and when I do Day will be gone. But for now, I let the dream continue. Day and I lean against the balcony. We don't say anything-we don't need to. Instead we stay there in silence, watching the night go by.