Chapter 14

June

I make my way to my apartment and go to bed. I haven't realized how tired I am until my head hits the pillow. I lie in my bed and think.

Three days. That's how long Eden and Day are staying here. Better make the most of it.

I finally drift off to sleep. That night I vaguely remember dreaming about Metias, Day, Ollie, and my parents.

In the morning, I get up and dress. Then I head off to Batalla hall. I find myself wondering about Eden's interview. 'Where is it taking place? And what is Day doing today?'

On the way to the hall I pass Drake university. I see Pascao.

"Hey June!" He calls. "Tess wants us to meet her for lunch at her apartment." I'm fine with that.

"Will Day and Eden be there?" I ask.

Pascao grins. "I don't know. It depends what time Eden's interview finishes."

I feel my hopes deflating. I hadn't realized until now that I'd actually been hoping Day and Eden would be there.

"Ok, well see you later then." I say and keep walking.

I enter Batalla hall. Since I'm a commander, if there's nothing to do, I can leave. I go to one my captains. "Captain Isaic." I say. "Are there any missions today?"

He gives me a quick salute. "Not right now commander."

"Good. Keep in touch. I'll notify you if any missions reach me." Exiting the building, I wonder down the streets. On most days, I would never leave my troops on their own, but today I need time to think.

Has it really been only a few hours since I saw Day and Eden? It seems like forever. I distract myself by reading the jumbotrons. Nothing but updates about the weather and what not. My stomach grumbles. It just occurs to me that I had not eaten breakfast this morning. No wonder I'm hungry. I enter a small cafe. It's already crowded. I order a coffee and muffin. It's small but at least it'll fill me up. I find a seat by the window. I take a sip of my coffee and begin eating the muffin. Delicious. Then I hear someone else enter. I look up to see a man with blonde hair walk in. It's Day.