Chapter 11

Day

Tess is here. She is finally here. I see her walk in and hug June.

"Happy birthday June!" She exclaims. Oh. It's June's birthday. Then I see another man enter. I don't know him. Then Tess makes her way to Eden and me. Her face lights up when she sees me. Even after all these years, I still feel safe around her. She gives me a big hug. Words cannot express how much I've missed her.

When the waitress comes to guide us to our table, Eden goes over to walk with Tess and the man. June walks behind them. I decide to walk with her. It's her birthday. I should wish her a happy birthday. "Its your birthday yeah?" I say. "How old are you turning?"

"27."

"Oh. Your the same age as me."I reply. "Happy birthday."

June looks up at me. The more I look at her, the more I realize how beautiful she is. Her eyes especially.

"Thanks." She says, and looks back down.

I study the man Eden is talking to. He seems so familiar. Who is he? I finally decide to ask June who he is.

"Oh, that's Pascao. He's an old friend of ours." She answers.

That's why then. It definitely looks like Eden knows him. I search my brain, for anything on this...Pascao. There. We're inside. He says something to me and punches me playfully. Then, as fast as it had come, it's gone. I remember him, a little bit.

"He looks familiar." I reply. Then a thought hits me. If I can remember him this fast, what else can I remember? June? Can I remember our past together? Maybe. Maybe, one day, I'll remember everything.