Chosen

I eventually stop myself from crying. I see my clothes, lying there, folded all neatly. I put them on slowly, and I don't know how but I just know that I will be chosen, despite my begging not too. I leave the room and find my way to the exit. I leave the building and see Ainsley waiting for me. She looks worried. I run to her and hug her and burst into tears again.

"Oh my god! Are you ok! What happened in there?"

"I'm gonna be chosen! I know it I'm gonna be chosen! I begged them not to choose me but I could tell! They liked my genetics too much! Oh Ainsley!" I cry.

"Oh sweetie. It's gonna be ok. It'll be fine." She doesn't tell me I won't be chosen because we both know I am a perfect candidate. I have a pleasing aesthetic, have unique features, have wide hips, and am very healthy. My sectoral heterchromia sealed the deal. "Hey look at the bright side, we might be chosen together!" she says, smiling sadly. We both know that was unlikely. Ainsley is attractive with her thick dark brown hair and bright blue eyes, but has very narrow hips and small breasts, and has a weak immune system. She won't be chosen.

I eventually calm down. "Hey, wanna go get sushirrito's?" I nod. In case you don't know, a sushirrito is basically a burrito but made out of sushi. We go to a sushirrito place down the street, and order our rrito's. We sit and eat, it feels good to get something in my stomach. After that we have the rest of the day to kill, considering we don't have to go to school today and that the results won't be released till tonight. So we spend the rest of the day looking around the shopping centers, admiring clothes we'd never buy, jewelry we could never afford, shoes we'd never need, etc. It's a fun day, although it passes by much too quickly. At around 4 o'clock, I know I need to get home. I catch a cab and when I arrive home my mom immediately bombards me with questions.

"So how'd it go? Did they like you? Did they see your weird cool eyes? Were you nice? Oh tell me you were polite Sawyer!"

"I... I think it went ok." I said quietly.

"Ok! Well, anyway, um..., I'm guessing you hung out with Ainsley afterwards?" She asks.

"Yeah, we went to the mall." I say, the tears forming again.

"Oh sweetheart. It's ok if you didn't get picked. You can be like me and you'll be fine." my mom envelopes me in a hug. Little does she know that that's the opposite reason of why I was crying. But I let her believe what she believed.

Soon the announcements are on, and my mom is yelling at me to get in the living room. I go and sit with her on the couch.

"So the results of the two new Mother's for this year are in, there are..." The newcaster purposefully pauses, the tension in the room is high. "Bee Kintrey and Sawyer Rush!"I cry out with sorrow, my mom thinks it's with joy and hollers in happiness.

"You've been chosen! Oh my darling I'm so proud!" She says to me. I sit there in shock, staring at the couch cushion. I knew I'd be chosen but the hope was still there, and now it's crushed. I start to cry again, and my mom just assumes they're happy tears. I know they'll be here any second, in case you don't want to be a mother, they won't let you have the chance to run. I sit, curled in a ball, and wait for the knock.

I get a message on my hologram, it's Ainsley saying how sorry she is. I just send her back a message saying I love her and I'll miss her. As soon as I finish sending it, there it is. There is a knock on the door.

They're here to take me.