Chapter 24- Rome III

Two hours later

Alex's POV

I sat on the side of the boat, staring at Matt and Mia. Mia had fallen asleep on Matt lap, so he put his arm around her entire body. They were still going strong. I envied them more than anything in the entire world, except for Annie and Luke.
   "Annie. Please don't hate me. I really-" She cut me off abruptly.
"No. Don't worry about it. It wasn't your fault. Plus, I just got off the phone with Luke and he thinks I'm still in love with you. At least we ended on good terms." She sighed. I didn't want Emily to take it this far! I guess she really sees hope for us! "Annie. If it makes you feel any better, I'm still in love with you. I have been since we met, I remember seeing a beautiful woman in front of me that somehow looked adorable when she was stressed, and I knew we had hope. Once I heard your backstory, I cared about nothing except helping you. I realised I screwed up. How cliché, I made out with some girl at a pub when I was drunk and shattered your soul. I love you, and I honestly don't think I'll be able to continue my career without you." 

Annie's POV

I froze. I wanted nothing more than to squeeze him to death and forgive him, but I was still torn over what to do. After all, he did break my heart and messed with my head. But everyone I knew loved him! Even Cooper, who still considers him to be a good friend after what happened. I stared at him, admiring his beautiful brown eyes and perfect jaw, of course his fluffy hair. "I'll think about it." I said, with a playful smirk. That was sure to get his hopes up.
  I walked towards the toilets, desperate to text Emily. I wanted to ask Mia for advice, but she was preoccupied sucking Matt's face.

Emily, I need advice. Alex literally just poured his heart out to me and now I feel stuck. I love him so much more than you could ever imagine. I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I know he cheated but I can feel the regret in his words and the care in eyes. I just want him to know that he hurt me! So..... What do I do?  -Annie

I sent the text quickly before I could change anything.

Tell him exactly what you just told me! I happen to be able to prove his love for you, I'm currently in the process of cancelling your flight tomorrow and explaining to Imani not to text you. Also, ask Alex what REALLY happened last night and talk to Mia. I'm sure you'll be quite relieved. You guys are too good of friends to suddenly hate each other.  ❤️ - Emily

I realised I'd been crying on the toilet for a few minutes of joy on a little ferry to France with Arctic Monkeys and Mia. Explanation time.

---------------------------------------------------

Did you catch the Submarine reference? 😉😏 Sorry I kind of love that film...... ❤️❤️❤️