Chapter 14

Her heart rate was to slow and she was to pale. I pulled up a chair and sat holding her hand.
The doctor looked at her sadly and gave me time.

"honey...please come back to me. I 'm sorry honey I love you...please wake up. I didn't choose Tasha baby I chose you. Honey you need to wake up the kids need you".

I kissed her lips and sat staring at her. She looked to thin and so damn pale. Her little body was malnourished.

The doctor came in with her test results.
"are you family sir?"
I nodded yes.
"her husband", I lied.

He looked at me sadly.
"sir she is very malnourished and her blood pressure went way to low. Her sugar levels were low also. We stabilized her but the baby may not make it".

I felt tears well up as I looked at her sadly. I got on the bed with her and kissed her softly.

"wake up Annie...wake up now damn it. I need you!!...".

"sir stop yelling at the patient...sir please".

Her heart rate climbed and her eyes shot open. She looked around confused and scared.

"honey thank god", I sobbed.
She looked at me and the doctor and her hands went to her stomach.

"M-My b-baby", she gasped.

"is still alive honey but you are so malnourished.

I looked down as tears filled my eyes and ran down my cheeks. I was killing it but I always threw up and got faint after I ate anything.

"I do eat its just that I throw it right back up if I eat I feel faint alot. Doctor I do eat...please I can't lose my baby".

He smiled warmly at me and patted my hand. Travis growled and sat up and pulled my hand away.

"stop touching my wife and fix this".

I looked at him in shock. His wife when did this happen.
"sorry sir I was trying to comfort my patient".

I sighed and laid back down and yawned.

"honey you should of told me you were feeling this poorly".

I scoffed.
" you were to busy with her".

I sighed.
"honey I chose you not her. I came here to be with you no matter what happens".

Travis kissed my head as I turned over and yawned again.

"sleep Annie and when you wake we can discuss ways to help you with a medicine and proper diet".

The doctor left and she was out as I stroked her hair. Mike came in and we sat listening to two heartbeats. I smiled at the fast pace of baby's heart beat in her womb.

I hope it stays there.

"so how is our girl", Mike said as he stared at her.

"fine for now but needs medicine to help from throwing up all the time. She may still lose our baby".

Mike sighed and took her hand and kissed it. I looked at my brother as he wiped away tears.

"Travis she looked so bad and when she didn't wake up...I thought...I mean....".

My brother was close to breaking down as more tears filled his eyes.

"never hurt her again Trav", he said leaving after kissing her head.

I was watching both heart monitors as Annie slept
I had alot to make up for.

"I love you honey", I whispered and kissed her head.

I watched her all night till the doctor came in the next morning and we went over medicine and a diet plan. He nodded and after checking mother and child then discharged her.

I took her home and the kids were happy to see her. I made her go on bed and rest as Mike, David, Dan and I took care of her and the kids.

I was taking care of my honey from here on out.