Chapter 2

Travis cleaned me up and wiped my tears. He helped me off the counter and took my hand and led me to his huge kitchen.

"aunt Annie, Emma cried, are you okay?"

I pulled her into my lap and she put her head on my chest. I rubbed her back as Brain hugged me crying too.

"its okay guys I am fine...he is gone just calm down".
Both stopped crying and Emma ran back to Dan and crawled into his lap.

I felt uneasiness go through me. She couldn't get attached to these guys.

"Emma get off him sweetie he probably doesn't want you hanging all over him...baby".

He smiled sweetly and hugged her.
"she is fine Annie..I love kids".
I nodded and kissed Brian as he sat on my lap. Both my kids were still young and extremely loveable.

Travis ruffled Brian's hair and bent down to his level.
"you are all okay with us champ..we won't hurt your aunt. You hungry?"

Both my babies nodded and Dan stood holding Emma. She was yawning and curled up in his lap dozing off. He gathered her closer and moved her hair away from his face.

I felt stupid and useless.
"hey, Travis said cupping my face and making me look at him, we don't hurt women and kids so relax. Plus you and I need to talk".

I nodded as Dan took Brian's hand and led them to the livingroom. He put in a movie and sat with the kids. Travis ordered food and sat beside me to talk till it arrived.

"I am so sorry Travis...I didn't mean....I won't..".
At a loss for words tears filled my eyes. Travis touched my shaking hand and put his fingers under my chin and made me look up.

Tears slipped down my cheeks as I looked into his dark green eyes.
He smiled at me and I noticed his dimples and how sexy he is.

"stop apologizing honey...just relax and tell me why that ass hit you like that".

I nodded.
"he is my ex and I got a restraining order against him for domestic violence against me. The break up was bad and he keeps stalking me. I shouldn't be telling you this...you just moved in".

He chuckled.
"we deal with people like this alot honey and if you want I can..".

She paled and shrank away from me.
"honey I mean talk to him not kill him. I can be very persuasive".

She chuckled and looked at the kids. They were laughing and snuggled into Dan and he was laughing with them.

I turned to find Travis staring at me. He smiled and took my hand. I didn't know him but the vibe I got was good.

"you hungry honey?"
I nodded no.
"to bad your skinny ass is eating with us".

I looked down at myself and cringed. I looked horrible.
My new neighbors had to be gangsters and part of me felt scared of them.

I just nodded.
"are you married?", I asked looking at my niece as she laughed and hugged Dan.

He chuckled.
"no...are you?"
I grimaced.
"use to be he left me and divorced me when I adopted my niece and nephew. Plus he said I was to fat to have kids and he found a younger woman".

At those words he forced my head around and made me face him. I was shocked by his look of rage.

"you are not fucking fat and he was stupid. You adopting those kids was a blessing to you and them. You are one beautiful woman".

I blushed as he let go and caressed my face. He was still scary but I felt safe.

"aunt Annie were hungry...when do we eat?"

I smiled fondly at them.
"soon babies".
Both went back to their movie and us back to questions.

"how old are you?", we asked in unison.
We both laughed but I blushed.
"you first honey or should I guess?"

I smiled and blushed.
"twenty three...how about you?"

He smiled flashing those dimples and I wanted to melt.
"twenty six".

I nodded and jumped as the doorbell rang. Takeout was here and we all ate then had my cookies and brownies for dessert.

"these are good Annie", Dan moaned.

I blushed and said thank you. He grinned at my red face and smiled at Emma who was talking one hundred miles an hour.

I chuckled as she talked using her arms. He smiled fondly at her.

An hour later Emma was sleeping on Dan's lap and he looked so thrilled.

"I can take her Dan. I am sorry if she was a bother to you the whole time".

He chuckled.
"no way I adore kids and it was fun spending time with them".

I nodded yawning myself. My face throbbed and I was exhausted. Travis whispered something to Dan and I about panicked.

"you guys are sleeping over..honey".

I looked dumpstruck.
"what about your wife or girlfriend..do you have a wife or girlfriend. We are a bother we can just go and besides I need clothes", I ranted till he laughed.

What I ramble when nervous.
"sorry", I blushed and stood up reaching for a sleeping Emma.
Dan pulled away and she whimpered. He kissed her head and she settled down.

I sighed knowing I lost this battle.
"fine I will go grab some stuff but this is weird...we all just met".
Travis smirked.

"coming with you honey".
I nodded not arguing and walked out with him following.

Going in my house I headed upstairs and gathered our things.
I checked to make sure my oven was off and nothing else was left on.

Yep you guessed it I forget to turn stuff off. I can't help it I have kids.

Travis took our stuff and we headed to his house. I was scared as he opened the door and waited for me to walk in.

I blushed and entered.