Chapter 5

Work sucked and just dragged on. I did inventory and baked off and on with Sarah. We both are partners for our bakery called sweet treats.

I loved baking and it relaxed me. We opened at eight in the morning and closed eight at night.

I yawned and left at five to get my kids and go to the grocery store. I grabbed what we needed and got our junk food for movie night.

Once home we ate dinner and I baked more brownies and cookies. When it got dark I made popcorn and we watched Little mermaid followed by Spiderman two.

"aunt Annie can we call you mom instead of aunt?"

I held back tears.

"sure if y'all want but don't feel you have to...I will be fine with aunt Annie".

Both nodded and we watched another movie. The kids kept yawning and soon went up to bed.

"mommy when can I see Dan I miss him?"

Shit she is attached already.

"don't know baby I will ask him if I see him to visit y'all".

She looked sad.

"I like him mom he told us bedtime stories and stayed with us all night. He will be a good daddy someday".

I chuckled.

"sleep tight my babies. Tomorrow we will play in the yard".

Both fell asleep after a story and I headed down to clean up and put our junk food away. I sighed sadly as I made hot tea.

Just as I was about to sit my doorbell rang. Sighing I went to answer. Travis was standing there and I mentally groaned at my luck.

"hey Annie I wanted to drop off your basket and apologize for Tasha's behavior".

I waved it off and smiled.
"its fine your girlfriend didn't offend me".

He scoffed and his dark green eyes filled with anger.

"she isn't my girlfriend and I told her to never come back or she would be sorry".

I nodded.
"want to come in I was making hot tea before turning in?"

He smiled and his dimples popped and I wanted to swoon.
"yeah I love hot tea".

Stepping back I held the door and he came in. He shut my door and followed behind me to the kitchen.

I sighed and took out another mug and put the kettle back on.
We sat at the table and he stared at my bruises. I washed my makeup off once at home and watched movies with my kids.

"so how are the Emma and Brian?"

"sleeping and both decided to call me mom now".
He smiled and took my hand.
"that's great honey why are you sad?"

I sighed and looked at the picture on the fridge. My brother and his wife died and I became a mom but I feel like I am missing something.

"today is the anniversary of their parents deaths. It also marks the day my husband left me for an eighteen  year old. I just feel so...so.....old I guess and....".

He smiled and took my hand and kissed it.

"you just need to forget that sorry ass and let a real man try to make you happy".

I blushed.

He smiled and started to pull me towards him. I just got up when the kettle went off. I quickly took it off and made our tea. Turning for the sugar Travis was right behind me and I gasped.

"you startled me",I said softly holding my hand over my heart.

He stepped closer.
"sorry honey", he said bending and getting closer to my mouth with his.

My heart began to beat faster.
Travis just brushed his lips over mine when a pounding started on my door.

"now who could that be".