Chapter 8

Four months has passed and Travis and I are dating. He took me out to dinners and movies.
We got closer and the kids love him. My only fear is getting hurt again and the kids would be hurt to.

I was at my bakery doing friday inventory when loud yelling made me come out the back.
I quickly called Travis but didn't get a chance to talk.

Ray was standing there yelling at me about being a whore. He smashed my display cases destroying all our treats.

I gasped as he threw boxes at me and yelled again. I began to shake and my employee hit the silent alarm.

He broke windows and threatened all who looked at him. Walking up to me he yanked me to him and slapped my face.

"you fucking whore...you fucking that Italian prick".

I shuddered
"p-please R-Ray s-stop".

He laughed as he shoved me to the floor and kicked boxes. My bakery was a mess and I was in tears. We heard the bell ding letting us know a customer walked in.

Staggering to my feet I was shocked to see Dan, Mike, David and Travis standing there with so much hate in their eyes.

"you were warned Edwards. I told you to stay away from her but you keep stalking my woman. No more warnings now you pay the consequences", Travis growled out.

Tears were rolling down my face as I moved to go to Travis. Ray grabbed my hair and used me as a shield. He kissed my head and spoke softly in my ear.

"if I can't have you no one can slut".

I whimpered as he pressed a knife to my neck and chuckled darkly. Travis's eyes went darker with rage.

"let her go Ray",Mike said raising a gun. More tears fell and I shuddered as he pressed the knife in harder drawing blood and making me cry out.

Sirens could be heard and I almost thanked god but Ray was gonna kill me. I thought of my niece and nephew and more tears ran down my face.

I was scared I would never see them again. Ray was cussing and shoved me at Travis. He ran out the back and I collapsed to my knees. I was holding my neck and trying not to panic. Travis picked me up and held me tight and breathed me in.

"fuck me honey I could of lost you. Its okay don't cry".

I was sobbing and burrowed into his chest. He held me tighter and stroked my back. My face was stinging and I shuddered.

"is she okay, a cop asked, does she need medics to check her?"
I didn't want to let go but I turned and pointed to my neck.

"yes please my neck hurts".
Travis cussed as the medics came in and sat me down. I sat on a chair as they cleaned and bandaged my cut.

They checked my vitals and made sure I didn't have a concussion. After getting cleared they left. Cops took our statements and left. Ray was arrested and taken away.

I sent my employees home and looked at my bakery. It was destroyed. Tears of frustration fell down my face. I felt so stupid.

"easy honey", Mike said kissing my bruised cheek.

David sat me down and Dan went to pick up my kids. Travis told his brothers to meet Dan at home and order food.

I looked up as Travis walked in front of me and squatted down.
He cupped my face and kissed me.

"its okay honey I will have it fixed before next week".

He pulled me up to stand and held me tight to him. Kissing my lips he held me tighter.

"he will never touch you again. I am sorry I didn't get here sooner".

Kissing my lips he hugged me and we left after he called men to come board it up. Before leaving I thanked them and let Travis take me home.

He pulled up to his house and we walked in holding hands.
Tasha sat there looking smug and got up and wedged in between us.

I moved away and picked up Brian cause he looked so distraught. Emma hid in Dan's neck and whimpered.

Both hated Tasha.
I sighed and whispered in Brian's ear. He giggled and kissed me. Putting him down he ran to watch a movie with Emma.

I sat down and yawned.
"tired honey", David asked.
I nodded and watched Tasha rub up against Travis.

He shoved her away but she was like a leech. He got angry and eventually ordered Dan to walk her out.

I giggled and she glared at me.
"your gonna die bitch", she said venomously.

She was yanked away but kept yelling I was gonna die. I yawned and laid my head on the table.

I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep.