Chapter 23

Mike and David sat watching Brian eating or lack there of. He had nightmares all night and I kept running to him but Dan beat me to it. Annie was up and down with Trenton and Mike and David followed me to his room. Emma got more withdrawn and stopped playing with her toys. She acted like we didn't want her and that hurt. She was having nightmares to but we often found her hiding in the closet shaking like a leaf. All of us were still suffering because of Tasha and her dad. Killing them helped eliminate the threat but not the scars they left behind.

"hey champ",I said sitting beside him. He nodded.
"hi daddy",he said softly.

Emma sighed.
"he isn't our dad Brian dad died and aunt Annie got stuck with us. They don't want us and soon we will have to leave here ",she said harshly causing Brian to start crying. He ran from the table and my brothers followed. Dan looked at her in shock that she would say something like that before.

"Emma, I said getting pissed, why would you say something like that to your brother? "

She shrugged and looked away from me. I grabbed her and sat her in front of me making her face me. Big tears were falling from her eyes as she looked into mine.

"you won't want us now that you have Trenton we don't matter now",she sobbed sadly. I sat her in my lap to rock and hold.

"please don't send us away I don't want to leave aunt Annie",she cried in my chest. I stroked her hair as she clutched my shirt in her tiny hands. Dan sat on the side of us and looked at her with sadness.

"babygirl I swear we aren't going to send you away. We won't send you or Brian away we love you babygirl and we love your brother. Please stop saying negative stuff to Brian cause he has been through enough and he needs us to keep telling him we want him here. I am your dad now and I love you both alot".

She nodded and hugged me tighter as more tears fell. Soon she fell asleep and Dan took her to her room. Brian was sitting in the living room watching TV while my brothers sat with him. He looked at me sadly but remained quiet.

I motioned for my brothers to leave so we could talk.

"Brian you can call me daddy even though I'm not your real dad I will be there for you now. I love you and Emma just like I love Trenton. I swear champ you or her won't be sent away".

"okay",he said softly. I pulled him in my lap and he sniffles as I hugged him tight. Annie came in and sat beside us and yawned. Brian stayed in my lap as she rubbed his back trying to soothe him. We sat and watched a Disney movie and ate some pizza. Later Emma ran in with Dan following close behind. He was never far off from the kids and I was thankful for him.

After our movie we all loaded up and went to dinner at our family owned restaurant.