Ten

A/n: the start it this chapter will be in Gabi's POV the it will switch over to Katie's. Thx my awesome readers and hope you are enjoying the story😄😄😄😄

Gabi's POV
After I see Tom I feel as if someone is controlling my mind. I tell him to leave but, as always he is stubborn. The before I know it I'm KISSING him. I just kissed by boyfriends best friend. I knew it wasn't me but, on the other hand I don't remember much. I tell him to run and he does. The. The girls from my group come out of the darkness. I am their new leader so they all follow me around. It's quite funny since I hardly know any of these girls but, u shrug it off.
"Ok let's go. We'll continue to take the tunnels." I say. They all obey and we once again go underground. We continue to walk until we get tired. We stop and go to sleep.

Katie's POV
I wake up and groan. I wonder why I am in so much pain then the memories of last night came flooding back to me. I remember I had burns but, not as many as what Minho has. I sit up and find Teresa and Aris still awake. I get up and walk over to them still in pain but, manageable.
"Hi." I say. They look up and smile once realising that it's me.
"Oh hey Katie." I sit down next to them. So making a pained face as I do so. "Are you ok?" They ask.
"Yeah. Just got a couple of burns from the storm. That's all. So changing subject, what was the other group like?" I ask. I never really heard their side of the maze so I decided I should hear now.
"Well, it was terrifying. I was one of the last ones to come so, I never really knew what life there actually was. There was a maze surrounding us so we couldn't escape unless we knew the way out. It sucked and the toughness of the maze wasn't fair. I still can't believe WICKED did is to us." Teresa explains. I nod my head. Knowing it was practically the exact same as mine.
"What about yours?" Aris asks.
"Well mine was basically like yours. I was an original glader meaning I was one of the first. It also means I was a keeper which means I could basically be a leader. I was the keeper of the runners along with Minho. I saw a lot of deaths, a lot of fights but, I always powered on because I knew there wasn't any time to weep and sook." I say. We are deep in thought. I look over to check on Minho and him stirring. I bid goodbye to Teresa and Aris and go over to Minho who is now awake.
"How you feeling?" I ask once I reach him.
"A little sore, what about you?"
"Yeah. I got a few burns too but, not near as bad as yours." I say. I lean my head on his shoulder and and sit there in a comfy silence. A silence that most people would long for. Then I see someone from above us. Someone who looks vaguely familiar but, can't quite put my finger on it. He jumps down, then at the last minute does a flip. Landing in a somersault. Then I remember who he is. Jorge. A friend who works at WICKED but, is also completely against them. I sit up quickly, the sudden movement making me cringe in pain. I stand up, helping Minho up as well before walking over to him.
"Katie. Who is this?" Minho and newt ask me in unison.
"Jorge." I say. Answering their question but, also getting his attention. He looks over, having a relieved look on his face. "It's ok. He's fine. We can trust him." I say. I run over and hug him. Let's just say, when Minho's parents weren't available he was like a father to me. A shoulder to cry on when I had no one else. He hugs back.
"Katie. Why are you here?" He asks.
"Trials. he scorch trials." I answer. "What about you?"
"You'll find out soon enough." He says while smirking. I hit him on the arm but, smile anyway.
"Katie. Seriously, how do you know he won't hurt us. He is in the SCORCH! Where people with the FLARE go!" Newt says. Or more like yells. I am slightly taken aback as I have never had Newt yell in my face before. Let alone ever.
"Newt. I know this guy like the back of my hand. Alright? If I knew we couldn't trust him I wouldn't say so!" I argue back.
"Katie. I love you and all but, I agree with Newt. How do you know we can trust him?" Minho says. I scoff.
"Don't worry Katie. You're right. They shouldn't trust me. After all I do have the flare and will probably kill you if you catch me in one of my worst moments." Jorge says.
Then before I know it Minho is repeatedly punching Jorge. Before I register what is happening Newt, Tom and Fry are trying to get Minho off of Jorge. They can't so I snap out of my trance and help me. Finally getting Min off of Jorge. I look over at Jorge and see he has a battered and bruised face. I gasp and can't believe what just happened.
"What in the world just happened?" Aris asks.
"Aris not now." I say. "Minho why?" I ask.
"He said he would probably kill you! How was I not supposed to let slide!" He rebuts back.
"Let me tell you something." I whisper to Minho. He nods his head. "Jorge is IMMUNE." I whisper shout because now I realise that we have company above us. He looks at Jorge who nods then back at me.
"Well guys I say we trust him." Minho says. I silently celebrate to myself. Then I see the others jump down from the roof. This time, apart from one person, they are cranks. Instantly I am terrified. Then I see her. Brenda. Another one of my best friends. She sees me and separates from the group and runs toward me. I hug her. Man have I missed her.
"Oh great who is this?" I hear the thick British accent if a Newt ask.
"This my friends is Brenda. Let's just say I have a lot of best friends. Two of which used to work for the enemy." I say. Quietly enough so that the cranks don't hear it.
"Wait. What do you mean used to?" Thomas asks.
"Well at first they wee working for wicked. Then they found out about the trials and have been against them ever since." I explain. They get the point but, of course Jorge is still mad. That's not good. Then he calls me over to have a chat with him.