Seven

KATIES POV
We started descending down the corridor. It was dark with a faint light coming from the torch I had found in my bag. As we walked down we heard a voice just above a whisper. I looked around and saw that everyone had heard it too. It came again and I picked up two words.
"I heard go back. Sounded like it was right in the middle." I say and heard a few murmurs of agreement.
"Everybody shut up and listen." Minho says.
"One chance deal. Go back now, you won't be sliced."
Judging by the reactions of everyone they heard it too. I shine my torch around to find Minho who is trying to calm the gladers. I giggle and help him. Soon everyone had calmed down. We start walking but stop when we hear the same voice but, it's saying something different.
"You're all dead. You're all going to be sliced. Dead and sliced."
As soon as that is said I instantly feel the blood dragon from my face. I continue to walk but right next to Minho. Right now he might as well be carrying me. As we are walking we hear a yell of pain. I stop and turn around to see Frypan looking as if he has seen a ghost. I walk toward the ghastly screams and see Frankie screaming and gripping something on his head. I try to help him but I reach him too late. His screams stop abruptly and I dare shine the torch on him. I quickly pull it away as the sight I see is horrific. Where his head used to be is a big round metal ball. I kick it with my foot and it rolls away leaving a headless Frankie.
"Alright everybody run as fast as you can!" I say and take off with a stampede behind me. The torch beam is bobbing us and down as I run trying to avoid the balls now going everywhere. I merely avoid one going straight past my head and scream. Minho comes to my aid but, I keep running. When we are certain that it has all stopped we take a break from running. I pant softly while the others are having trouble breathing. I go and find Minho who is leaning against a wall drinking some water.
"Hi." I say snd He looks up.
"Thank god you're alive!" He says and I hug him. He hugs back and we stay there until we decide we should start waking again. It feels as if we have been walking for hours when in reality it's a few minutes. No one speaks a word nor do they want to. We walk in silence until both Minho and I break it.
"OW!" We say in unison. I wasn't paying attention to what was in front if us. It was a staircase.
"What was that?" I hear Winston ask.
"It's a staircase." I say and I start ascending upward. It feels like there are a thousand steps which there probably could be. I hit my head on something and realise that we have reached the top. It rings out across the tunnel. I feel around the wall and the roof with the help of Minho and Newt who is holding the torch. Finally I see a hatch and open it. Revealing a searing hot sun and heat. I close it as I was practically jut blinded. The torch wasn't that bright so I wasn't used to the brightness.
"OK guys I'm going to open the hatch one more time but just so we can get used to the light then all the way." I say. I get murmurs of agreement and I open it all the way. I shield my eyes the pull them away as I start to get bused to it. Then I hear a scream. Tom runs down the stairs to go to the persons aid. I stand there with Minho and wait for Thomas to tell us what's wrong. Ten I hear grunts of effort and I know that something isn't right, then a victorious yell from Thomas. Too boys who I'm guessing were there for the whole ideal got the boy up and I see its Winston. He has terrible burns on his face so I'm guessing that it's from the thing that tried to take his head. I see that everyone has gotten used to the light so I open it and once again heat rushes through. I can practically feel my skin burning already.
"Minho." I say while turning to him. "You and I will go first because I know you won't let me go by myself, then Newt and Tom. The rest will follow once we give the all clear." I say and he nods his head. He tells that to the group and so we go while covering ourselves with a sheet. We go through the hatch and I swear all the air I had left me. I stand up and see the boys come through. As we gain our breath back we tell the others they can come up. They come up and have the same reaction we do. As soon as we all recover we start heading due north toward the safe haven. It is a hundred miles away with a city which looks about thirty miles away. While we are walking we get really hot. Even me and I'm in shorts. We stop for a while even though we may not have the time for it.
"We should walk all day and all night then sleep tomorrow and walk at night. Do the same routine." Newt says. I nod in agreement and Minho does too. We start walking again for a long day/night.
"Prepare to carry me. I might fall asleep." I say to Minho who chuckles. I laugh along even though we both know that I'm serious. All of us keep walking and its night. I get my phone out to see what re time is and its twelve am. I am getting really sleepy but can hold it out for a few more hours. I hope. Minho sees me getting tired.
"Do need me to carry you now." HE says with that smirk that I fell in love with. I laugh but reply.
"Nah I can hold out a little longer."

(Four hours later)
It is four am and I'm now feeling the urge to fall asleep. I am really tired and Minho keeps looking at me to make sure I haven't fallen asleep even though right now I feel like it.
"Now?" He asks. I decide I can't hold out much longer.
"Now." I say. He picks me up and I quickly drift off to sleep.

Minho's POV
As I look at Katie she looks half asleep. She has been coping  really well but right now I think she needs to sleep. I ask her if it's time and she nods her head. I pick her up and all the gladers see.
"Awwwwww. Look who's gone soft." They all say.
"Slim it." I say and they shut up. I continue to carry Katie and she peacefully sleeps which is something I wouldn't want more.

(Two hours later)
It is still Minho's POV.
It is six am and everyone is getting tired. Including me. I shout stop careful not to wake up Katie and lay down. She stirs but stops and keeps sleeping. I lay the sheet down and go to sleep with the protection of a sheet. It feels nice and soon I'm in a deep sleep.