Thirteen

MINHOS POV
When Katie fell asleep in my shoulder I smiled. People see her as all big and tough and never cries when really she is just a softie who does have emotions.
After admiring we tiny sleeping form I get tired too so I carry her back to camp and put her down and I lay down next to her. I pull her close to me which she does gladly and I go to sleep.
----------------------------------------------
Katie's POV
I was in a peaceful sleep when I heard a loud noise. A noise a lot like a plane. A noise a lot like a berg. I wake up and sure enough there is a berg above us. I get up not caring how dizzy I feel and run over to Thomas. I knew that the billet was rusted and would spread an infection through Thomas. As I run I get pushed away. By now everyone has heard the berg and everyone is getting pushed away. Then just as theta re about to lift him he wakes up and screams out I agony.
"THOMAS!" I yell but, he can't hear me and he is in the berg with WICKED.
"What was that?" Frypan asks.
"It was a berg. They are probably treating Thomas for infection." I say. As soon as those words leave my mouth I regret it instantly.
"Katie how do you know that?" Newt asks.
"Did you see that gun? It was an old gun with a bullet in it. A rusted bullet that would probably have a lot of bacteria on it. He probably has an inflection going through out his system." I say the walk off. Things happen and I just have to open my mouth. "OH AND JUST SO YOU KNOW IM NOT WORKING FOR WICKED! SO DONT COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT I AM!" I shout then run away in anger. Seriously.
I hear footsteps running after me which in,y makes me go faster. So they run faster and soon it's a race. When I don't hear the footsteps anymore I sit down. I look to see how far I ran and it's far enough to know that no one will run after me. The berg is still hovering above them and I hope that Thomas wakes up with memories still intact. I rest my head in between my knees and sit there thinking. Soon I lift my head up to see something being lowered to the ground. I shrug my shoulders knowing that it is probably Thomas and continue to sit there enjoying the peace that I rarely get.
"Katie come back!" Frypan yells.
"Why do you all care? If you cared you would've come for me by now!" I yell back. After that they just shut up. Then I cry. I cry until I can't. This all just sucks. I wish all of this never happened and that the sun flares are just a big gigantic nightmare and that I will wake up any minute. But no it's all real and I am in this situation. As I sit there crying I feel someone put there hand on my shoulder. I look up and I am so happy to see who is in front of me right now.
"What are you doing here?" I ask.
"Doing what you're doing. What's wrong?" She asks.
"Just the fact that I think my friends and boyfriend have turned on me." I say.
"Don't think that. I'm sure they haven't."
"Then why haven't they come for me? They know I'm here. I've been here for the past half hour."
"Maybe they're letting you take some time alone."
"Maybe. Thanks Gabi. By the way. Please don't turn on us." She nods her head then walks off. Presumably to her new group. By now I have figured that I have had enough time by myself and that I should head back.
When I get there everyone swarms me in hugs.
"Hey love me don't break me." I say and they let go. "Nice to see you too. How's he going?" I say nodding over to Thomas who is still asleep.
"Well they seem to have gotten the infection out. I'm pretty sure we are hoping that his memory wasn't swiped while he was up there." Minho says while hugging me. I nod my head. Just then someone comes down from the berg which I hadn't noticed was still there and I would say that no one else had either. The they start walking towards us and that was when I got worried. Then I saw them. The two people that I would love to beat the shit out of. The people who made me who I am today. The people who keep taking my friends away from me.
When they reached us they were standing right in front of me and Minho. My dad was fuming and I'm guessing that that is because I never told the, because they ever gave me the time of day.
"Hi." I say say with no emotion what so ever.
"You're coming with us. You were never meant to be in the trials and you will NOT finish the trials." They say then start dragging me towards the berg.
"NOT GONNA HAPPEN!" I shout making them flinch and stop. The I swing. My fist connecting with my dads jaw. Then I swing my other fist connection it with my mums nose.
"I will not go with you. Even if my life depended on it." I say then walk off.