Eleven

When Jorge asks me to talk erg him my heart stops. But, I get over it and build up my confidence.
"Ok." I say. Minho goes to protest but, I silence him and go with Jorge. We reach a room that only has two chairs with a table in between.
"What is it?" I ask. I know that the cranks and Brenda won't be able to hold Minho back for long.
"Why are you here? Why do you remember?" Jorge asks me in a rush.
"Because I'm apart of the trials and I prevented them from injecting me. Let's just say that some of the guards may not be able to have kids." I say. He looks at me and his face is serious. I shrink back in my chair like a little kid. I'm used to that look. I got it all the time. His face softens.
"Katie. It's not that easy. You know who isn't immune. Some are your closest friends. By you not getting the swipe means that you could be affecting the human race." Jorge says.
"I still have the chip in my brain. Alright?! They can still monitor my brain patterns! I didn't want to forget. Nor will I ever." I argue back. I thought I knew this guy.
"Katie. I am just against WICKED as what you are. But, I know one thing that you shouldn't bend the rules." He says.
"Oh yeah. Well it wasn't my idea. It was Minho's. There are three other people out there who still have memories intact." I say. "Now can we change the subject?" I say.
"Sure."
"We need someone to guide us through this city. I don't know how long you have been here but, it looks like you have been here long enough to know a thing or two." I plead.
"It's not that simple. You, your friends, me and Brenda are the only immunes. There are like a hundred other cranks here."
"Please. We need the help. Listen I love you like a father. Would a father let their child run through a city where they could possibly be KILLED!? I don't know but, please help us. Please." I say. My voice getting softer.
"Fine. I will get you some food. Though, I have one condition. Since Minho punched me with the both hands I get to cut a finger off of each one." He says.
"No." I say simply. "You aren't going to do that." I say. I don't even have to think twice about that.
"Fine then I won't help you. Have fun. Nice seeing you." He says. I scoff and walk out. Besides I know he will cave in in 3...2...1.
"Katie wait." He says. I turn around to see him sitting there. "I need to ask you something."
"What is it?"
"Who's side are you on? I know the world is hanging on by a a thin thread but, who's side do you choose? Who do you trust?" He asks. I am left standing there bewildered. I don't know what to say so I walk out. I say d outside the door. Thinking. Who's side am I on? I ask myself.
I go back out to see the gladers. I walk over to them and stand beside Minho. I see Brenda and she sees me. I nod my head. She knows that these guys won't hurt the, on my watch. I don't let them.
"Alright. Everybody lower your weapons. These people aren't going to hurt us." She says. Instantly all the weapons are lowered.
"They aren't going to hurt us." Someone says and i know for a fact that it's not Brenda. It sounded like Jorge. I turn my head around to see Jorge. Standing there and looking impressed and mad.
"Come on guys. We should go." I say. As we go to walk out I once again hear Jorge.
"Brenda get them sone food. I'll take care of them later." He says.
Brenda leads us through the city until we reached the food vault. We grab some food and sat down. I was sitting next to Minho and Newt and for some reason Thomas was sitting by himself. I have tried talking to him but he just pushed me away. In the end I gave up and just started eating. Then Brenda sat next to him and they opened up to each other. What the hell?!?!
As we were eating I heard a cracking noise, I looked up to see what it was but, nothin was there. I continued eating until i heard it again. This time everyone heard it. We got up then just as we did the entire roof collapsed. I had gotten out of the way just in time. Then I realised that Tom and Brenda were on the other side. I walk over to the damage to see if there is another way out but of course there isn't. Minho pulls me away and we instantly start running out of the food vault. We run until we can't run anymore. That was when I actually took in our surroundings. The city was massive. As what a city would look like but, there was building that hardly had a gap in between them. It was all so amazing. I knew straight away that this was Mexico when I saw the buildings. I love it all. I snap out of my daze and sit down on the ground. Minho die the same panting heavily. I'm puffed too but, I'm not panting as heavily.
"You tired Minho?" I ask. Smirking.
"Shut up. I was running faster than you."
"Or trying to catch up to me." I say. Pushing my limits. He chuckles but kisses me anyway. The others groan so I pull away.
"Get a room!" Someone yells. I laugh at their disgust and sit there.
"Ok guys. Tomorrow we will split into teams of two. We will all go around the city and try to find a trace of Thomas and Brenda. If you do report back immediately." And with that we all fell asleep.