Chapter Eight

Asuna POV

Lisbeth bursts through the door of Agile's  shop and we all follow her inside, everyone sits down and starts talking as Lis runs into the back room, about then minutes pass
before- BANG!

We all turn our heads towards the kitchen and see little puffs of smoke coming through the open doorway.

I stand up and walk towards the door with caution. "L-Lis?" No answer. "Lisbeth, you okay in there?" I slowly poke my head through the doorway to look around and I'm greeted by a breath full of smoke. I take a few steps back coughing and fanning the remaining smoke away from me.

The smoke starts to clear and Lisbeth walks out with what seems to be a plate of ashes. Everyone gathers around and looks at it curiously. "What is it?" Kirito says, "is it... Edible?" Silica asks sounding clearly confused. "Are you sure that's food AT ALL?" Leafa says frantically. Lisbeth sighs and clears her throat to silence everyone. "Well. This was supposed to be our celebration cake. I thought I could cook one since I've really been working on my cooking skill. But, well you all can guess how that turned out."

Everyone looks at the "food" on the plate in Lisbeth's hands and then we all look at eachother. "So... We aren't gonna EAT this. Right?" Says Klein breaking the silence.  We all stay silent and then burst out laughing

"Well I'd like to see you do any better!" Lisbeth says throwing the remains at Klein. He rubs the ashes from his eyes and  tastes it. "Hm... As strange as it sounds. This isn't as bad as I thought."

Everyone burst into laughing, except for Kirito who's shaking his head in disapproval.

*NOTICE*
~someone is trying to reach you through your Nerve Gear~

I close the notice message and wave my hands to get everyone's attention. "Sorry everyone! I think someone is trying to wake me up, so I'll be right back!" Kirito speaks up "Oh your at my house, so I'll log out with you" I nod and we both wave goodbye before logging out.

Kirito POV

I open my eyes and take off the Nerve Gear, I look over at Asuna who's still diving, and then around the room. "WAAAH?!" I jump off the bed and stand up straight. "Mrs. Yuuki? What are you doing here?" The women stands up and walks towards me with a cold glare "I'm here to collect my daughter for her meeting. I tried calling her but when she wouldn't pick up, I assumed she'd be here. Your Aunt let me in."

I'm about to respond when we both hear a sneeze coming from Asuna who's still trying to collect herself. "Asuna. Have you forgotten about your date with Tazami? You are meeting with him in a few hours. Come with me we have to leave immediately to get you there on time."

Asuna stares at the floor trying to remember.  Then her eyes widen and she looks up "that was the boy infront if our house this morning. Wasn't it?" I look at her and try to remember myself. Then it all comes back to me, that was the guy who was standing on the porch when I got there. But why does he have a meeting with Asuna?

Mrs. Yuuki sighs and snaps her fingers  "come on we don't have all day. I have to be at a meeting in four hours, I won't have time to get you there if we don't leave now." Asuna clutches the sheets on my bed before taking a deep breath and standing up. Then she turns and smiles at me "goodbye kirito, I'll call you soon, hopefully"

Then she walks down the stairs and once the front door slams shut. I felt a shiver rise up my spine as the realization seeps through. Asuna has been paired with a sutor.