Chapter Nine

Hey guys! Sorry for making you wait! Summer jobs are exhausting *sigh* well anyway here you go!

Kazuto POV

I sat on my bed starring at the floor.

Asuna...

It has been a few days since Asuna left. I stood up and walked towards the window looking at the street. This doesn't make sense.

Asuna has already turned down many sutors. So why keep trying? I open my door and walk downstairs finding some pancakes and a cup of warm tea.

Thanks Sugu... You always take care of me when I'm like this.

I sit down and pour some syrup on the pancakes and eat them half aware and half in a daze.

I need some sleep. Not being able to contact her is eating away at me. Especially at night when I have nothing to do but think, I wonder if anyone else has contacted her... WAIT! THATS IT!

I finish the last of my breakfast and wash the plate and put it away, then I run upstairs and grab my phone and dial Rika's number (Lisbeth)

Bzzzz...Bzzzz...Bzzzz

"Hello?"
"Rika! Hey!"
"Hey Kazuto! What's up?"

I pause before speaking. "Well I'm not sure if Asuna has told you anything... But her mom came and got her from my place a few days ago and now I can't get ahold of her."

"That would explain why she hasn't returned my calls... Hmm have you tried talking directly?" She asks.
I pause before answering. "Honestly her mother scares me. So no I haven't done that." I hear a disappointed sigh and I know this is gonna be a long talk.

A half hour later.

I finally hang up after being scolded by Rika for the past half hour. I decide I need to clear my head so I grab my motorbike keys and drive down to the lakeside cafe.

Asuna POV

I sit on my bed starring at the ceiling. I can feel the tears forming in my eyes.

Kirito... I'm so sorry.

I sit up and look at the clock. It's 1:30pm, my next meeting with Tazami is in a hour. If I'm not ready mother will be really upset with me.

I get up and wipe the tears from my eyes and open my closet door, I put on a black shirt with Greek design lining the arms and neck line, and a white skirt that goes just above my knees. After I make sure it's all tucked in I go and do up my hair, using a black bow to tie the long braid trailing down my back.

After my basic makeup is done I put on some black flat shoes and walk out front where mother is waiting for me.

I get in the passenger seat and look straight ahead not looking at her.

She sighs and turns the car off looking at me. "Asuna don't be like this. I'm doing what's best for you in my opinion, with Tazami you'll have everything you need in life."

I give a small laugh and look at her. "I'll have nothing I want in life if it's not with-" she cuts me off. "You can't expect to have a life with someone like that. You have to marry into a wealthy family."

I sigh realizing I'm not gonna get anything through to her and she turns the car back on and begins driving. "So where am I going this time?" I ask even though I really don't care.

"Well there's a cafe down by the lake that I thought would be a nice place for you" I nod and look out the window at the trees and the lake. "We're here." She says turning the car off. "Okay he will drive you home because I'm on a business meeting with your father for a few weeks. Ill see you then" And with that she drives off.