Chapter Seventeen

The air smelled like dirt. The ground was hard. And it was pitch black. Asuna could barely see a thing.

Asuna had been spending her evening with Kirito, until Sugou had showed up out of nowhere and took her away from him. The place she was in now frightened her deeply. She had no clue where she was.

She was worried about Kirito. Last she saw him he was in really bad condition. Although she wasn't doing very well herself.

She felt the tears well up in her eyes as she trembled. Where was she? What happened to Kirito? She recalled the blood she saw gushing out from his side and his leg as he fell to the floor.

She started thinking the worst. What if he was...... No. She had to be strong right now, and get back to him quickly. She hastily blinked her tears away. This was no time to feel sorry for herself, she could only imagine what Kirito was going through right now. She had to keep a sharp mind.

Just then she thought she heard something.

A voice?

She tried to listen, if she really focused, she could hear the sounds of 2 people arguing.

She couldn't move her hands, they were tied behind her back. So she managed to lean up against a wall and push herself up. There were no windows. No furniture, from what she managed to make out. Nothing.

She felt around the walls, making sure to check even the corners. After searching for what felt like hours. Asuna finally noticed something.

One of the wooden floor boards beneath her was bent slightly upwards, just enough that she could slide her fingers through. She silently cursed as she felt the skin on her fingers split from the rough wood.

But that gave her an idea.

She laid down so she could line up the rope joining her hands together with the wood. She slowly began rubbing the rope against the wood. Hoping for some sign of progress. When she felt the rope starting to loosen, she sighed in relief.

The rope was just about ready to break. But she heard two sets of feet coming down a set of stairs. Was she in a basement?

She quickly removed her tied wrists from the wood and managed to go back to her original spot just before they opened the door. But not before she managed to pull the wood from the floor. Grasping it in her hands.

"Ahhhhh.... Is she still not awake?"
A voice said that she could only assume was Takami, he sounded irritated. "It's been hours."

A second voice, much lower, that made her skin crawl spoke up.

"That's enough Ms. Yuuki. You can stop your act now." He said mockingly.

Asuna slowly raised her head and looked at her kidnappers. Sugou leaned over her with a ugly smile on his face as he took a handful of her hair and yanked her upwards. Forcing a yelp from the former vice commander.

"You're the perfect bait to lour out that little know it all brat. He won't take this laying down."

Asuna, still hanging from the handful of hair that Sugou had in his fist. Let out a small gasp. He was after Kirito?!

He let go of her chestnut hair and she hit the floor with a loud thud as he kneeled beside her, holding her face in his hand.

"Maybe there's a few things I could do to.... pass the time?" He said as he played with the collar of her shirt. Her mind panicked but her face stayed strong as she found the nerve to speak.

"You'll be sorry for this." She spat, making the man before her chuckle.
"Still as sharp as I remember."

He stood up and walked out of the room. Takami following behind. After the door slammed shut. Asuna allowed a few tears of fear to fall down her cheeks and hit the wood floor.

She started fiddling with the rope once again as she got her courage back.

I'm trying my best Kirito... Please, wait for me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooooooookay! First. I'm so so so so so so sorry x100

I had a lot of things to deal with over the summer and consequently couldn't find time to write. I PROMISE the next chapter won't be too far away. I think I might've lost my drive with this story, but DO NOT FEAR It has returned better then ever!

If you guys have time, please check out my other stories, I promise they won't disappoint!

Like • Comment• Add to Library

See you soon!