Chapter Six

I knew that the next day would be a little too soon to begin the search in the Uchiha residence, but I couldn't help but be impatient. I want to get this over with. I want to remember. 

Walking along the Konoha streets I check to see what kind of shops are around here. Soon I'll need to go to a weapons store and get supplies, but right now that's the least of my priorities.

Looking up at the sun I squint my eyes. Maybe I should go talk to Sasuke. This must be hard for him. They should be done with their tasks around the village so it should be pretty easy to find them.

Sensing a familiar presence I perk up. He's here! I wonder why?

Running off down one of the streets I see two sand ninja messing with a little boy and Naruto, along with Sakura, trying to help him. Really? These two are going to be in some serious trouble once he gets here.

"Let him go!" Naruto yelled trying to get the little boy back.

Kankuro just laughed holding the kid up by the collar. I watched from a distance hiding my presence. It will be so fun to surprise them!

Sasuke threw a rock a Kankuro who dropped the kid. I couldn't clearly hear what they were saying but I could pick up some things. "Pick on someone your own size." I heard Sasuke say to Kankuro pissing him off.

Just as they were about to fight "he" appeared stopping Kankuro in his tracks with Temari right at his heels. Yep they were screwed.

Gaara apologized to them before walking away. I couldn't hear at all what they had said to each other because I really wanted to surprise him, and to do that I had to be at a safe distance.

Before they were out of everyones sights I attacked Gaara from behind landing a tight bear hug on him. He blushed and scrambled out of my grip, both the Konoha and Sand ninja's looking shocked.

"Hey Gaara. Long time no see." I said smiling at him.

"Kiko you..." He put his head in his hand sighing.

"Um Kiko you should get away from them." Naruto said coming up from behind me.

"Don't worry about me Naruto. I'll be fine." He looked unconvinced but backed off. Sasuke just stood watching us glaring daggers at the Sand Ninja.

"So Gaara, when will we fight again?" I asked still happy that I surprised him.

"And let you beat me again?" Gaara asked causing his siblings to be shocked. I guess we never told them.

"You beat Gaara?" Temari asked fear obviously placed in her eyes.

"Yeah.... I think is was about four years ago?" I said smiling at her. She shook her head in dismay and Kankuro was just lost for words.

"Though we did almost destroy an entire village..." I said scratching my head.

They all sweat dropped and I just smile happily. In my travels I met Gaara when I went to the Sand Village. We became friends because we were both shut offs from everyone else. Now I tease him just because its fun. Plus its not like he can kill me. Though I bet at times he wished he had. But it made me happy to see a familiar face. After watching Zabuza and Haku die, I needed to see another familiar face. And in Konoha I don't have any.

"So what are you guys even here for?" I asked. Even I know that people from other villages can't come into another village without permission. And there are only a few times when that happens. Don't tell me..

"The Chunin Exams." I sighed. I remember when I took those. They almost didn't let me. I was seven at the time and they thought I was too young. I served them wrong by becoming a chunin.