Chapter Thirteen

They seriously left me here all alone. You've got to be kidding me! And here I thought I would finally get some answers. So much for helping me. Guess it was useless to try and get a very dangerous man to try and understand my situation. But that connection. Makes me wonder what our clans did to us.

Tired of waiting I decide to leave the little base they left me at and track them down to see what types of things they were doing. I figured they would be bad, but right now I was to bored to care. And anyways I could always just stop them.

Tracking them to a small town I end up in front of an inn. So they ditched me in a base in the middle of the woods to come to a cozy inn to relax? Well we'll have to see how far that gets them!

Walking towards the front desk I was about to ask where their room is, but a loud crashing noise came from the second floor distracting me. Don't tell me this is their doing!? They may be the bad guys but they shouldn't go around destroying things needlessly!

Reaching the second floor I saw Sasuke knocked out against a wall, Itachi and fish man Kisame near him, while Naruto and an old man stood at the other end of the hall.

"Will someone tell me what's going on?" I asked causing everyone to look over at me.

"You.." Itachi gave me a hard look telling me we were gonna have a talk later on.

"Your fault for leaving me bored." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Kiko what are you doing here!?!" Naruto yelled at me from across the hall.

"Just you know, visiting this inn and yeah..." I scratched my head. Probably not best to tell him I now know Itachi. We all know that he's protective of Sasuke and how that certain person feels for his brother. Which I happen to still be standing next to.

"Kiko, get away from him! That's Sasuke's brother, Itachi!" Naruto yelled across the room completely ignoring what I said and the fact that I had just spoken to Itachi.

"Naruto, don't! That girl, she already seems to know Itachi." The old man next to Naruto spoke glaring daggers at me. Naruto's eyes just widened in disbelief.

"But she's my friend!" That pained my heart to hear him say that. Let's just hope I can explain this as simply as possible to him when we both get back to Konoha. Never thought I'd say that. Go back to Konoha..

"Naruto!" The old man yelled at him diverting his attention for only a second.

Bad move old man. Itachi wants Naruto and when it comes to him you never look away. At least that's what I've gained from only knowing him for a short while.

Before anyone could react Itachi was only inches from Naruto. The old man however seemed only slightly faster and I figured he was prepared for this anyways. Performing a jutsu the hallway soon turned pink and sticky. All I can say to that is ew.

"The stomach of the toad. It's indestructible. You're trapped." The old man grinned at that knowing he won. Well crap. How am I supposed to get out of this one? I could join up with Naruto and be safe, but I still have yet to talk with Itachi. And I could stick with Itachi, but then I risk losing the trust of both Sasuke and Naruto. Yeah either option really isn't to my standard of good.

"Listen how about you just drop this jutsu, I will force these idiots out, go do what I must with them, and then go back to Konoha. Sound good?" I asked hopefully. The old man just looked at me like I was actually the idiot.

No one spoke for a minute and the tension seemed to be rising. Being the first one to move I walked over to Sasuke, glaring at Itachi while I did, picked him up and laid him down closer to Naruto. Keeping my distance though as I didn't trust the old man.