8 ~ The Night

KILI'S P.O.V.

i stood there, in the corridor with the blood on my arm. i needed to get it solved with brezaya. but i didn't know how, she was so angry... what did i do? why was she so angry when i said she was a girl?

i went outside. i was watching the moon, thinking what i could possibly do to make her like me again.

thirty minutes later i went back in, still without knowing what i had to do. i headed to my room.

as i walked past brezaya's room, i heard crying. brezaya was crying because of me...

i knew what to do.

i knocked on the door. "who is there?" i heard her voice breaking. "brezaya, it's me. i need to talk to you." i said, hoping she would let me in. "go away! i don't want to talk!"

i was afraid for that answer. "brezaya please. i'll come in if you don't let me." it was quiet so i stepped in.

she lied down on her bed, her eyes red and wet.

"i'm so sorry. i didn't mean it like that. really." i said quietly. seeing her in this state broke my heart. she looked at me and there was something in her eyes breaking.

"no, i'm sorry. i didn't realise that this is new for you. it's just... i got to hear a lot: 'no you can't do it brezaya, you're a girl.' i am sick of it!" tears started running down her cheeks again.

now i finally understood what was going on. but she apologized, so that means she is not angry anymore right?

i sat down next to her and wrapped my arms around her. that felt really good...

"it's alright, it's alright." i said to her patting her back softly.

"but how can you not mean what you said? you said you didn't mean it like that." ow. that was awkward. but i had to tell her the truth.

"i know you are a better fighter than we are but i didn't want you to come with us because..."

this is hard to say but i have to. "i am afraid i will lose you and i can't. i care for you too much already and i just can't lose you." i said looking away, my cheeks as red as a tomato.

i heard her gasp. "are you being serious?" she whispered. i nodded looking up to her. i saw her cheeks getting red too, it looked cute actually.

"i'm sorry, i know it's weird and i'm just an ordinary dwarf, but i can't change my feelings for you. i'm sorry." i whispered.

it was quiet for a few moments and i hoped she liked me back. i knew that was not going to happen but i still hoped for it.

"maybe i have to go now, we should get some rest." i said, standing up, although i didn't want to leave.

"no wait! i... i love you." she whispered and now it was her turn to avoid my gaze. i was shocked and i looked at her. she looked like she told the truth.

i sat down again. "i love you too." i whispered in her ear, making her shiver. we looked deep in the eyes of each other and we leaned in slowly.

then my lips touched hers and i felt my heart skipping a beat. our lips moved in sync. it started slowly and careful but soon it went rough. when we finally separated from each other we looked in our eyes and we both smiled.

i loved her.

BREZAYA'S P.O.V.

i ran into my room and as soon as i landed on my bed i started crying. i spoiled everything. i loved him but now he probably hates me because i'm so stupid.

i was crying for minutes but i couldn't stop. i didn't cry a lot so if i did a lot came out. now it was because of mirtaja, the fight where i lost some friends and ofcourse -the main reason- kili.

how can i ever let him forgive me. i yelled at him for almost no reason. it was because i was scared. i was scared he didn't want me with them, he actually didn't like me.

what if that was the actual reason he didn't want me to go with them?

i heard someone knocking on my door. "who is there?" i asked, not wanting to talk to anyone.

"brezaya, it's me. i need to talk to you." kili's voice sounded through my room. i didn't want to hear him yelling at me, to see the anger and hate burning in his eyes. "go away! i don't want to talk!" i screamed to him.

"brezaya please. i'll come in if you don't let me." great. i didn't stand up to open the door. he'll do it himself.

the door opened and kili looked at me with concern on his face. what? concern? not anger or hate?

"i'm so sorry. i didn't mean it like that. really." is he apologizing? why? 'because you yelled at him' the little voice in my head said. shut up.

"no, i'm sorry. i didn't realise that this is new for you. it's just... i got to hear a lot: 'no you can't do it brezaya, you're a girl.' i am sick of it!" i said quietly. i felt really sorry. how could he know about it? and it was not the real reason. i was just scared.

the tears started leaving their way out of my eyes again. i didn't want to cry. it made me look weak. i'm not weak.

he sat next to me and he wrapped his arms around me, patting my back while saying: "it's alright, it's alright."

i loved his strong arms around me. i wanted it last forever.

but i wanted to know one thing. "but how can you not mean what you said? you said you didn't mean it like that."

i saw he didn't like this question, looking at his hands.

"i know you are a better fighter than we are but i didn't want you to come with us because... i am afraid i will lose you and i can't. i care for you too much already and i just can't lose you." he said looking away, with his cheeks burning.

i gasped for air. what did he say? did he say he cared for me he didn't want to lose me? "are you being serious?" was all i could say.

he nodded. i felt my own cheeks getting red too.

"i'm sorry, i know it's weird and i'm just an ordinary dwarf, but i can't change my feelings for you. i'm sorry."

what? no! don't change your feelings! but i couldn't talk. i was too surprised.

"maybe i have to go now, we should get some rest." he said, a little bit disappointed. he stood up, ready to leave.

no! stay! "no wait! i... i love you." i whispered. i avoided his gaze. he was shocked, i could tell by the way he froze.

he sat down again. "i love you too." he whispered in my ear, wich made me shiver.

then we looked at each other, leaning in so slowly...

our lips touched and i felt like my whole body lightened up. the kiss soon got rough, wanting more. his arms around me, hugging me tight, his soft lips pressed on mine... it was just kili and i. as we leaned back, we looked in our eyes and we smiled.

i loved him.

~~~

then here it is! the kiss! i hope you liked it, it's pretty late here and i should get some sleep. i'm really tired. but thank you for reading this!

xx love