11 ~ The Cave

BREZAYA'S P.O.V.

we were riding on a narrow path, so we had to ride in a row. the dwarves were really funny, but i missed gandalf. the wizard had to stay in rivendel because there was a council from the istari.

kili rode behind me and bilbo was in front of me. i saw him looking down, even though i didn't see his face.

when the road became bigger, i lead munja next to bilbo. fili and kili were riding next to each other and i heard them laughing. i felt butterflies in my stomach at the sound of kili's laughter.

then i looked at bilbo again. he looked sad. "hey, what's wrong?" i asked him. he looked up at me.

"nothing." he had a weak smile on his face. "bilbo, i can see there's something wrong. you don't need to tell me if you don't want it, but you have to know you can always talk to me if you want to." i said honestly. he nodded with a real smile on his face.

we rode for a while with silence between us. "i shouldn't have come on this journey. i'm just a weak, small hobbit who can't fight. i don't know what was wrong with me when i said yes." he said suddenly.

so that was the thing that was bothering him. "no bilbo. gandalf chose you, he knows what he is doing. he is one of the wisest living persons from whole middle-earth. i trust him, so i trust you." i said, looking at him. he looked up to me and smiled. "thank you." he whispered.

it got really quiet, everyone was lost in their thoughts. i didn't like the silence, so i started singing a song. it was a dwarvish song, so i was sure the others would know it.

"far over the misty mountains cold,

to dungeons deep and caverns old.

we must away, in break of day,

to find our long forgotten gold."

from here all the dwarves started singing along, except thorin, he was looking at me, surprised.

"the pines were roaring, on the height.

the winds were moaning, in the night.

the fire was red, it flaming spread.

the trees like torches, blazed, with light."

we finished the song and all the dwarves started cheering.

"i didn't know you could sing that good!" fili said to me. "yeah, me too. it was amazing!" kili said to me with a huge smile on his face.

i blushed a little and shook my head. they just wanted to argue with me about it, but thorin turned around and asked our attention.

"we're going in the mountains right now, so we have to send the pony's back." he said. we all dismounted and i hugged munja.

"i'm going to miss you, but it's going to be alright." i gave her an apple and a kiss and then the pony's walked slowly away.

suddenly i felt an arm around my shoulders. "hello beautiful." kili whispered in my ear, it sent shivers down my spine. i turned my head to his and gave him a kiss. there were a lot of 'aww's' around us and i blushed a bit.

***

we walked the whole day. it rained since midday. now it was evening and it was really windy. we walked on a small ledge and it was really slippery. one time, bilbo almost fell but dwalin could catch him right in time.

suddenly we heard loud crashes. "thunder storm!" balin screamed. "that is no thunder storm, it's a thunder battle! giants! stone giants!" bofur yelled.