9 ~ Joining the Company - Or Not?

BREZAYA'S P.O.V.

we stared in the eyes of each other while our foreheads were pressed at the other. my heart was beating so fast, i was scared i was getting a heart attack.

his arms were still around me and i buried my face in his chest. he pulled me even closer. i closed my eyes and enjoyed this moment with my whole body.

we laid down on my bed and i laid my head on his chest. i closed my eyes and we talked about our lives.

then it went silent and i fell asleep. i dreamt about a handsome dwarf with long, brown hair and beautiful eyes.

***

i woke up at the sound of someone knocking on my door. i sat up in bed and then i saw kili next to me, looking at me. then the thoughts of yesterday came back and i blushed and smiled at him. he smiled back while he leant in to me and gave me a peck on my lips.

"brezaya, can i come in?" i heard father saying through the door. oh right, someone -father- is standing outside while kili lies next to me.

i was ready to say no, but the door already opened. father came in, but after a few steps he froze, seeing kili on my bed. we looked awkwardly at the ground blushing.

"what's going on here?" father said. i looked up to him and i saw... him smiling at us? he wasn't mad? wow.

"w-well we... we just..." i stammered quietly. my cheeks were burning like they were on fire.

"you love each other don't you?" he said being serious. we nodded slightly, avoiding his eyes.

he walked up to kili. i wondered what he was going to do. he suddenly wrapped his arms around him, surprising both of us.

he whispered something in kili's ear and kili nodded. what were they saying? but i didn't ask because i knew they wouldn't tell me.

"we have to get breakfast, the others are waiting. but i'll give you some time now. don't wait too long." father said with a wink. we nodded, smiling.

as soon as father closed the door behind him, we hugged each other. then suddenly i realised something.

"kili! what about thorin? he hates elves! do we have to tell him?" i asked.

kili looked shocked but then he relaxed again. "no, we have to leave tomorrow and after our journey i'll come back, alone."

"as i already said, i'm coming with you." i said, looking him in the eyes. "what if thorin says you can't come, if he forbids you?" that was a thing i hadn't thought about...

"then... i don't know, but please, let me come with you. i finally have you, i can't let you go now. and i can fight. i won't die."

i saw he was thinking about it and that was a good sign. my hope grew per second. then he nodded. "if the other dwarves agree with it, i say you can come with us."

i cheered and gave him a peck on his lips. "and to be honest, i'd love to have you around all the time, so i can do this every time i want." he said and then he kissed me deeply.

i gave in, but it didn't last long because we had to go to breakfast. we walked to the room with our fingers entwined.

as soon as we went inside, all the eyes were staring at us - actually, at our hands. thorin's eyes became dark and he looked at me with anger burning in his eyes.

but i wasn't scared.

"goodmorning." i said to them. they just stared at us. then suddenly fili screamed. "i knew it! i knew you were in love! don't tell me you aren't because it's obvious!"