12 ~ The Goblin King

BREZAYA'S P.O.V.

we were still falling in the darkness. i saw some torches coming closer - no, we came closer to the torches.

as soon as we hit the ground, we were pulled up by many goblins, but we didn't let them taking us so easily. we fought back.

i put my fingers in their eyes, making them cry out and hitting them with my fists. i saw kili pushing them off the plateau, taking many with them.

but there were too many and soon we couldn't handle it anymore. they lead us away over small bridges.

the goblin cave was huge. everywhere were torches to lighten up the cave and bridges like the one we were walking on.

we walked a little time and we had to stop in front of a throne. on that throne was the ugliest creature i've ever seen.

"who would be so bold as to come armed into my kingdom? spies? thieves? assassins?!" the creature asked. apparently he was their king.

"dwarves, your malevolence." a goblin who looked like a rat said. he had walked in front of us.

"dwarves?" the king asked, surprised. "we found them on the front porch." the rat goblin said.

"well, don't just stand there. search them!" the king shouted. the goblins took all the things from us, except our clothes ofcourse. i saw kili looking angry at the king, he just ignored the goblins.

"what are you doing in these parts? speak!" the goblin king yelled after we didn't answer him. we still didn't say a word.

"very well. if they will not talk, we'll make them squawk. bring up the mangler! bring up the bonebreaker! start with the youngest!" he said, pointing to ori.

i saw thorin walking forward to help him, but i knew it would get more trouble if his identity would be known. so i stopped him.

"he knows you. it will only bring trouble." i whispered before he could say anything. "trust me in this." he nodded.

"wait! stop! don't touch him!" i yelled, walking forward. the goblin king looked surprised at me.

"if that ain't an elf. what are you doing here with your enemies?" he asked. "they are not my enemies, they are my friends, so hands of them." i said. i didn't speak loud, but they could here me very clear.

"well, if you don't want us to touch them, it would be no problem if we take you." the king said, smiling. "take the girl! use the bonebreaker!" he shouted.

the goblins took my arms and lead me forward to a huge, wooden, eerie looking machine.

"brezaya! no! leave her alone! take me instead!" i heard kili yelling behind me.

i looked at him and shook my head. we looked each other in the eyes and i felt so much love. i saw it burning in his eyes.

the king's eyes went from me, to kili and back again. "ah, love. a strange thing, it would be a pity if i destroyed it, wouldn't it?" he said, with a fake, sad smile.

"yes... but it's already too late. prepare the bonebreaker for her!" he screamed. i gave kili a sad smile and formed the words 'i love you, it's okay' with my mouth.

they pushed on the 'bonebreaker' and started to tie me down on it.

then a low voice sounded in the cave. "stop, leave her alone!" thorin said, stepping forward.

"well, well, well. look who it is. thorin, son of thrain, son of thror, king under the mountain." he said with sarcasm.

"oh, but i'm forgetting. you don't have a mountain. and you're not a king, which makes you... nobody, really." he said, with false pity.