Thanks and 'I love you's'

Chapter 20: Liam's POV

Second To Last Day

"Come on Jill, you're so slow!" I head back to where she is and grab her hand pulling her with me, "babe, you never said that I would have to walk this much to get to the docks, I'm in wedges for fuck's sake." I laugh picking her up bridal style and carry her the rest of the way there. "You are such a prince charming, aren't you?" I set her down and flex my biceps, "I mean, look at me." She rolls her eyes and laughs, "What are we doing at the dock anyways?" I turn her around to show her the boat I rented for the day, "Oh my god, Li; this is beautiful. I can't believe you got this for today." She turns back around, "but you don't know how to drive a boat." I laugh pointing over at the man standing next to the boat, "no, but he does. We also have some food on the boat, for a nice lunch." She smiles up at me, "When in Sicily, right?" I shake my head, grab her hand and walk down to the boat.

"Liam, I'm really glad we did this, the trip. It's so beautiful here." I nod, taking a sip of my wine, "it is, but nothing compared to you." She laughs and grabs the wine bottle, pouring herself some more.

"You're ridiculous. So, explain to me how a guy like you can stay with a girl like me. I mean, you can have any girl, literally any girl. But you chose me." I half smile at her, "I mean, yeah I used to hook up with a bunch of women, and I could have anyone, but all the women that want me, want me for my money and fame. You love me for me, and you accept my flaws. You're the only girl I want." She leans over, kissing me softly just as we are docking. "Thanks Li, for the boating, it was fun." I take her hand and we head back to the villa. "Since it's our last full day, let's go swimming one last time." I tell her, kissing her on the cheek, she nods and we continue our walk back.

"I can't believe how beautiful it is here." We are standing in the pool, looking over at the lights, "you've said that a lot today, is everything okay? You aren't usually like this." She nods wrapping her arms around my torso, as I wrap mine around her shoulders, "I'm fine, it's just, we have to go back home and back to the real world of wedding planning and figuring out when my next movie job is, and you're leaving soon aren't you?" She jerks her head up, "wait, weren't we supposed to go to Aruba before I got pregnant and all that stuff happened?" I laugh, remembering how that was about 4 months ago, "that was so long ago, you're just now remembering? Well, a whole bunch of stuff came up with Chris and Elsa, so we just decided to hold it off for next year." She nods, wrapping her arms around my neck, "I love you, you know. A lot." I laugh wrapping my arms around her waist, "I love you so much more." She shakes her head, "not possible." I nod, "yes possible." I kiss her and pull away just looking at her, she slowly opens her eyes and smiles up at me, "what? Why are you staring at me?" I move a strand of hair from her face, "I just like looking at you, I admire you. I don't want to go home tomorrow, I want it to be just us, forever." She laughs moving away and over to the other side of the pool, "you know we can't do that as much as we'd like to. Let's go, I'm tired."

"You all packed up?" I set my suitcase and backpack by the door walking over to Jill, wrapping my hands around her waist. "Yep, just finished, what time is our flight?" she spins around looking up at me, "in two and a half hours, shall we go?" I peck her lips and hold out my elbow for her to take, while grabbing her suitcase. "Babe, can you carry my backpack while I get our luggage?" she nods picking it up. I grab my suitcase and we are out the door. "I'm gonna miss this place." I say, putting our luggage in the car. "I know you will, so will I, which is why I went on and reserved our same room for our honeymoon, I talked to Cynthia last night and we decided on a date, December 5 it's up to you if it's this year or next, all I have to do is call the owner back and let her know, or I can go in now to let her know." I smile down at her, "I don't know, I want to get married to you as soon as possible, but I also want you to have the wedding of your dreams and to take enough time to plan. We'll do next year." She kisses me then runs back inside to let the owner know to hold our room for next year. I can't believe that in a year and a half I will be married to the most beautiful woman in the world.

"I never got the proper chance to thank you." We sit down at our seats on the plane and she looks up at me confused, "thank me? For what love?" I kiss her, not wanting to stop until she pulls away, "what? Why'd you want to thank me?" I peck her lips once more, "for letting me bring you to Italy, I needed this as much as you did and I'm glad you're in my life. Thank you my darling." I take her hand kissing it as the plane begins its ascension. "Li, I haven't thanked you either. You do so much for me, and you are so amazing to me. I love you." I can feel her tense up, she hates planes so much, I pull her into me so her head is lying on my chest as we drift off to sleep.