Twenty Two

It's been a few months since the bar incident and final exams are close.

I don't know, I have mixed feelings about them. On the one hand, this means that im almost done with college and I'll be able to see my family and friends soon.

On the other hand though, I have to pass the exams and there's gonna be a "special inspector" this year, evaluating our designs.

I have no other option but being nervous about the whole thing.

What if my drawings suck? What if im not good enough?

I readjusted my bag before entering the classroom.

I sat at the desk behind Danielle, sighing.

"God, im so nervous, im gonna die."

"Well, good morning to you too.", smiled Dani.

"I don't think it's gonna be a good morning actually but whatever."

Madame Fleur entered the room, a man following behind.

As soon as I saw him I practically chocked on my own air.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

WHAT ON EARTH DOES KARL LAGERFELD HERE?

OMG DONT TELL ME HE'S THE "SPECIAL INSPECTOR"!

"Well girls,", said Madame Fleur standing at the middle of the big classroom, Karl besides her.
"This is Karl Lagerfeld, the owner of Chanel. Im sure you all know him very well as we have talked several times about his work during our lessons. He offered to check your designs as he's an expert. So let me explain what you're supposed to do."

As soon as she was done explaining, she left the room.

Mr Lagerfeld sat down looking at his watch.

We had about an hour to draw a formal dress and Mr Lagerfeld's presence made it quite difficult to be honest.

The minutes passed by quickly as I added a few details on my creation.
I gave it one last look before placing it on my desk.

I hope it was good enough.

As soon as the time limit was over, madame Fleur reentered the room and Mr Lagerfeld got up, approaching a girl's desk.

He was now looking at Danielle's drawing, muttering a quick 'Interesting' before walking on to my desk.

I felt my legs shake and my heart flattered when the piece of paper touched his hand.

Oh god.

He gave my drawing a look before focusing on me instead of the paper.

He continued on until he was done with everyone.

He got back next to Madame Fleur, whispered something to her and she nodded.

"Okay guys,", she said, "You can leave now and I'll let you know about the results by the end of this week."

I packed my things, grabbed my bag and headed to the door when I heard her voice behind me.

"Not you Ashley."

Oh crap crap crap!

I turned around slowly while everyone else was leaving the room.

"Well.. You're Ashley, right?", said Mr Lagerfeld and I gulped before nodding.

I tried to speak but no sound came out.

"I guess you already know who I am so I'll be quick.", he said again, looking at his watch.

"Listen Ash,.. can I call you Ash? Okay okay..", he said giving me no time to answer. "I really liked the dress you designed and I found it interesting but there's something that I found more interesting.", he continued and I looked at him confused, not sure what he was talking about.

"You Ash, are exactly what Chanel needs right now. The features on your face are perfect, exactly what im looking for. As for your body, a bit of exercise and it'll just fine."

I was still confused on what he was saying.

"Soo... What do you want from me?", I finally spoke, a puzzled look on my face.

"Isnt it obvious? To work as a model for Chanel.", He simply replied and I froze at my place.

My eyes went wide and my jaw dropped as I couldn't believe my ears.

Did Karl Lagerfeld just ask me to be a model for Chanel? Me?

"Well?", he said waiting impatiently for an answer.

"I... I don't know... It's so sudden...", I managed to say and he looked at his clock once again.

"Okay, listen, I have somewhere to go so I'll leave you some days to think about it. Here's my phone number so call me when you reach a decision.", he said giving me a card.

"Okay, thank you.", I replied and goodbyed him and Madame Fleur.

What exactly happened right now?

I went back to Liam's apartment.

I found the boys playing video games and I invited Danielle over as well.

I wanted their opinion on what should I do about the whole situation so I gathered them at the living room.

When I told them about it, they didn't believe me at first and when they did, they looked at me open mouthed.

"Omg what are you saying?", Danielle nearly screamed.

"It's crazy, right?", I laughed.

"So, should I say yes?"

"OF COURSE!", everyone said but I wasn't sure.

"I don't know.. I mean, it's a commitment.."

"Look Ashley, its an opportunity that you don't get every day. A lot of girls would kill to be in your place.", said Danielle and I found what she said reasonable.

Well, you might think im crazy that I didn't accept immediately but the thing is.. I was waiting to finish college so that I could return to my loved ones.

Now everything changes.

If I refuse then I can go back to my family, to Hazel, to Marcel.

If I accept then I'll complete a life goal, but I'll have to stay in Paris.

I went back to my room and called first my mother and then Hazel.

They both agreed that I should grab the chance and accept Karl's offer.

I also called Marcel.

He told me exactly what I was waiting to hear (maybe what I wanted to hear) from him.

He told me to follow my dream and that even though he's far away, he's always there to support me on every step and decision.

That's what I love about him. He's not selfish, like at all.

Hey guys, sorry it took long to update, hope everyone is doing fine and stay fabulous! Aha x. :)