Chapter 15

Chapter 15

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Okay, recap time: I went to an expensive dinner with Spence last week, and he asked me to be his girlfriend! Well, no... His temporary fake beard while his parents are in town. It's sort of the same thing. We ended up getting kicked out and eating at a McDonald's where I said something totally jokingly and he turned it all cheesy romantic... Which was kinda cute. Anyways, his parents are in town today, and I'm going to finally get to meet them. Fingers crossed I can pull off girlfriend status without offending Tyler, chasing away Blake, leading on Spence, or starting rumors... How hard can it be?

It was Friday evening. Spencer asked me to come have a movie night AFTER a dinner with his parents. I dressed in a semi formal dress and stuffed some pajamas into my bag. I heard the familiar honk of Spencer's beetle outside my house.

"Bye aunty, I'm going to Spencer's!" I called.

"Okay Hun, be safe!"

What'd she think I'd be doing tonight? I shuddered. I opened the door and ran out to Spencer's car. His mouth dropped open.

"What, too much?" I asked pulling down the skirt of my dress.

"Perfect." He smiled at me and any nerves I'd had vanished. I hopped in his beetle and we drove off to his mansion.

"So... Any tips?" I asked.

He smiled at me, "Nah, you'll be fine. Just remember to look at ME and not... Someone else," I knew he meant Blake.

"Your dad?" I asked.

"Girl, if I catch you looking at my dad, we are going to have some issues. FIRST: he's married. SECOND: he's old. THIRD: I am way better looking than him!" He huffed.

"Okay, okay," I laughed at his little speech, and soon enough, he did too.

We arrived at his house within a couple of minutes. Everything had seemed fine until we reached the front step and Spencer interlaced our fingers. He smiled reassuringly at me and the nerves returned. What if they didn't believe us?

We entered the house and we were greeted by a lovely tune coming from the piano.

"Mother? Father? We're home. I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Lindsay." Spencer announced.

A harsh sound came from the piano as though someone had punched the keys. Blake stood up from the bench, a cruel sort of smile playing on his lips.

"I see. So now you're Spencer's girlfriend?" He purred menacingly.

I tightened my grip on his hand, "Yes, Blake, I thought you knew," I gave him a look with my eyes that said "play along or you're dead".

He chuckled lightly, "Ah yes, of course. I should have guessed. First you fly to California to escape a tragic lover-- who FOLLOWED you here, then you date my brother. You get tired and try to start something with me, and then all of a sudden you decide that being gay is NOT okay and you move on to my homo bro? Not cool."

My hand clenched into a fist as two tall figures entered the room.

"Spencer dear! Oh and you must be the lovely Lindsay, I've-- We've heard a lot about you!" A lady who I assumed must be Spencer's mother cooed. Obviously she hadn't heard Blake's rant.

"Mrs. Ford, a pleasure, and Mr. Ford--" he seemed to stare right through me, "-- An honor."

"What was that?" I followed his eyes to Blake.

"I..."

"'I abused an instrument'? Is that what you were going to say? How very inappropriate behavior in front of a young lady." Mr. Ford frowned disapprovingly at Blake.