Chapter 5

Chapter 5

We walked out to the parking lot; a gentle breeze rustled the trees. This is what a couple would call a “romantic stroll”, I thought. A small smile was playing on my lips at the thought of Spencer in a happy couple, but the embarrassing thing is that the first thing that came to mind was another man, I giggled. He gave me a quizzical look but once thinking it over decided not to ask. We continued walking and I dug my keys out of my pocket. Spencer saw what I was doing and snatched my keys from me with ninja skills and pointed at my car, “Girl, I am NOT letting your butt sit in that poor excuse for a garbage can! You’re driving with me!” He grabbed my hand and began tugging me towards his car.

“No, Spencer, you don’t understand, I need to get the car home or Aunty will be upset with me!”

“I’ll call a tow truck later,” I sighed, there was no arguing with him, darn these rich folk! I allowed him to drag me to his hot pink convertible beetle and I climbed in without using the door, throwing both my legs over the side of the car so I was laying sideways in the seat and looking up at the clouds until I heard Spencer’s voice interrupt me, “Where do you live?” I gave him my address and he repeated into the phone with an additional thanks man before he hung up. “Nice panties,” he chuckled.

“You perv!” my face was dyed a cherry red as I pulled my legs down and fixed my skirt. He sat down in the driver’s seat and said vroom vroom before starting the ignition and peeling out of the parking lot at an unsafe speed. “Spencer!”

“What?” he asked calmly.

“Mind slowing down a bit?” he frowned.

“I do actually…” I shut up after that, I decided that I’d rather crash then hurt his feelings again. In less than a minute, we were pulling into the gated drive way, there were beautiful willow trees all around. Spencer pulled up to the gate and punched in a complicated array of numbers, it granted us access and the gates opened swiftly. He clicked a button on his sun visor and the garage door pulled open to reveal three amazing vehicles, there was a black Suzuki hayabusa, a red Ferrari f450, and a silver jaguar xk convertible. All of them in mint condition. I sighed outwardly, “Wow,” I thought that I used to have money, they lived in a two story Victorian style mansion with top notch security and the best in house service money could buy, including butlers, maids, chefs, and gardeners. They had 250 acres of land that ended in a forest of trees, within nature’s boundaries; they kept a koi pond, a Jacuzzi, a heated pool, and showers. Along with gardens of fruit and vegetables I’d never heard of. I stared at the backyard in awe (yes, I got all of this from just seeing the backyard) until I felt a warm hand on my shoulder, “I’ll show you around later, homework first, kay?” I just nodded. He led me inside and the first thing I noticed was the giant black and white contemporary sectional sofa. The rest of the living room was also decorated with black and white, but none of it seized to amaze me. The next thing I noticed was that everything was circular, the floor lamps, the shelves, even the glass coffee table. Most of the furniture was made of glass, not just the coffee table. I looked up to see a beautiful modern glass chandelier.

“Oh my gosh,”

“Not what you expected?”

“Not at all,” I admitted.

“I know it’s not as big as the Ross’s, but-“

“ARE YOU FREAKIN” KIDDING ME?!”

“What?”

“Not as big?” he blushed and looked down as he played with the rug with his toes.

“It’s kinda embarrassing,”

“It’s a lot better than where I’m living…”

“Is that an invitation?”

“No, end of conversation!” I said crossing my arms over my chest and sinking into the sectional.