Chapter one

Chapter 1

  “’Ey theh!” A man with a thick Irish accent was yelling at me. I slapped his face a couple times, “Where’s the off button?” I mumbled, then I was bolt upright, feeling his face, this is not a face I knew, where am I? I screamed in my head, the man clutched his ears, “Yer on an airoplane, yah?” I looked at him, confused, then all of the feelings of last night hit me. Damion. That’s why I’m on an airplane in California.

  “Yah!” I said loudly, thanking him, I exited the plane and pawed through the bags. When I found mine I started trying to yank it out. It was stuck under someone’s crappy pink suitcase. I yanked harder, but ended up falling on my butt, I heard suppressed chuckles around me, and stood up, brushing off my behind. I tried one more time, but I couldn’t get it. Then a strong, feminine arm reached out beside me, tugging the suitcase free easily.

  I twirled around, bonking into the person and falling forward, but she caught me around my middle and pulled me back up and pulled me into a tight hug. I snuffed up as much of her scent as possible, Aunty always smelled like cinnamon.

“You have to go back,” she whispered, stroking my hair.

“No,” I stated flatly, trying to wriggle from her grasp.

“You wanna talk about it?” she asked, finally releasing me, but only to grab hold of my arms and stare me down.

“No,” I said again. I would rather put the whole incident behind me, forgetting about Damion for forever. But we both know I’d let up eventually, so she didn’t push it.

I picked her keys out of her purse and clicked the button before shoving them back into her hand. I climbed in shotgun. She looked at me funny for a second and then climbed into the driver’s seat.

  Within half of an hour, we were pulling into her driveway, it was on old two bedroom house, not that big, kind of worn down, Aunty says it’s just loved, and I’ll always say by what Aunty? Mother nature? ‘cuz you sure ain’t lovin’ it… or, at least, that’s what the old Lindsay would say…

  Aunty hated her neighborhood, and told me I couldn’t go to the public school, no matter what. I told her okay, I would take an entrance exam for the snobby rich kid private school soon. This seemed to calm her. I printed out the worksheet, and it looked really easy. I sent out my results, now I had nothing to do but wait for the results to come next week and see if I can go to school. I distracted myself by learning the layout of the house, the rules, and taking stocks of various objects in the house. By the fifth day of waiting, I was in the backyard, counting leaves on her apple tree. Currently, I’m at 2,006. Then Aunty comes out with lemonade, disturbing my concentration, I had lost interest well over an hour ago, so I did not resist the urge to go down and drink straight from the pitcher. Aunty is anything but a germaphobe.

It was Saturday when I finally got my results; I passed with a nearly perfect score. 99.6%. I would be attending Sherbet High come Monday. Yes Sherbet. They sugarcoated everything for the goody-goodies on the good side of town.  I was excited for school, it was something to keep my mind off of Damion….

******

Yes, I uploaded twice in one day, I was so excited J so…. Sorry, this was really just a filler chapter, I promise, there will be a triplet or two come next chapter, I’ll probably upload tomorrow J thanks