Silent Cry for Help

I woke up in the middle of the night to my phone blaring from the bed side table next to me. I groaned and rolled over, grabbing my phone and quickly answered it before it could wake up any of my sisters or my parents.

"Hello?" I asked groggily, checking to time on my alarm clock. Ten forty-five at night. Decent enough.

"Louis, hi. It's Hope. Sorry, were you asleep?"

"Yeah, but its' fine. What's up?" I rubbed at my eyes and sat up.

"I just wanted to see if that address we gave was any good."

"What are you talking about Hope? You haven't given me anything."

"Louis. You came by a few hours ago."

Shit. I stood from my bed and dragged a hand through my hair. "No, Hope. I've been asleep since I got home."

"Fuck, Louis!" Hope screeched from the other line.

I stood frozen in front of the window. There were dark shadows dancing across the sidewalk, surrounding my house. I didn't like it. Shit, I didn't like any of this. I needed to get my mum, I needed to get my sisters safe, I needed to get this damn address and get Harry before Samuel did.

I hung up the phone and ran out of my room, to my mum's room. I shook her shoulder and quietly led her down the stairs and to the living room window. She saw the dark figures too. They were so obviously holding guns, so my mum called the police while I went up stairs and woke up sisters, bringing them into the bathroom and making them stay in the bathtub.

Meeting my mum downstairs, the living room was bright. All the street lamps were on, seeming ten times bright than they usually were. The entire living room was illuminated and I felt scared.

Fuck you, Louis.

My mum was pressing herself against the front door, holding her hand out to me, signalling me to stop. There was a huge window right in the front of our living room and if I took one more step, I would be seen.

Suddenly, a loud booming voice filled the house, a voice using a mega phone. "You have one minute to come out of the house or I kill him."

I was sprinting towards the door before I knew what I was doing.

"Mum, move." I said sternly, as my mum didn't move from the door.

She frantically shook her head. "I'm not losing you, Lou."

"Mum," a sob shook my body as I weakly pulled the front door knob. Harryharryharryharry. My mum wouldn't move, and my body was weak from just waking up, I couldn't pull the door open.

The voice that belonged to Samuel was counting down. It was at forty.

"Mum, please. Don't do this to me, please." I sobbed, still pulling at the door.

Thirty-three.

My mum took my face in her hands and she stroked my cheek bones. "Louis, I can't lose you." she whispered, her eyes watered.

I shook my head. "Mum. Please."

Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you.

Your fault.

"Mum." I sobbed.

Twenty-one.

"Go in the kitchen and call the police, Louis." My mum said sternly, still not moving.

"Mum, mum, mum. Don't." I had to get out there, I had to get Harry. No matter what it took, I was getting out there before Samuel counted down to zero. He wasn't killing Harry, over my dead body.