Why {6}

Daisy's P.O.V

I was running as fast as my legs could carry me towards the hospital. Jacob passed out. I need him to be okay, a world without Jacob wasn't a world I wanted to be in.

Mom, Dad, Rose, and Jordan got there before I did. Once I got there, shifted back into my human form.

I ran into the hospital and saw Mom, Dad and everyone else, including Merlia, in the waiting room. Mom and Merlia were crying.

"Dad! Where is Jacob?!" I said, the urgency in my voice evident. "He's in surgery. He had a brain seizure. That's why he fainted. They say he will make it but only because of his werewolf abilities." Dad said still holding Mom who was crying her eyes out.

I walked over to where Rose, Jordan and Merlia were sitting. Rose was saying a silent prayer which I have never seen her do, Jordan was hugging Merlia and Merlia was crying and holding her chest.

When I sat down next to her she looked over to me. I wondered why she was holding her chest. "I can feel his pain. I know his heart is beating slowly. I can feel him willing it to keep beating." She said between her sobs.

After Merlia said that I realized I forgot to call Chresanto. I took out my cell phone from my back pocket.

*Phone Convo*

C: Hello? Daisy?

D: Hi Chresanto. I need you to come to the hospital know.

C: Why? What happened?

D: I'll explain everything when you get here.

C: Okay be there in a minute.

*End of Phone Convo*

I got off the phone and sat back down. A few minutes passed by and then the doors opened a and Chresanto walked in.

He saw me and he ran towards me. He engulfed me in a big hug. I started to cry and I told him everything that was happening through my sobs. He kissed my cheek. "Calm down. Jacob is strong. He will be okay" I nodded. Still crying.

I knew that wasn't all I wanted to say but I didn't think it was the right time to tell him what my dad told me this morning.

We all sat down and waited for what seemed like 12 hours until the doctor came to tell us that we could go see Jacob but he was sleeping and still under anesthesia. My dad thanked the pack doctor and we all walked to Jacob's room.

Once we walked in, he was hooked up to machines and he looked so cold. Mom ran to the side of his bed and grabbed his hand. Merlia broke down again in a fit of sobbs. Chresanto picked her up and put her in a seat. I grabbed Jacob's other hand.

Why is this all happening to me? First things were good because I found my mate and then everything went bad from there. Why? Why me? I realized I was crying now and Chresanto came up behind me and hugged me.

I heard my dad growl but I didn't care. Chresanto was my mate and I need him right now. Nothing is going to change that. Not my dad, not the alpha, and definitely not some arranged marriage.