Chapter 1

I wake up its 6:00 I have to go to college. It's my first day. I'm a little bit nervous and hope everything goes good. Luckily my older sister named Marisa goes to the same college as me. Thank god!

I pack my bags and get ready. I pick out a pretty outfit that I got for my 18th birthday. It's a dress that is an inch above my knees, with a little black jacket with some leather boots. I always loved the outfit but today it looked extra cute because I was wearing hoop earrings and curled my straight plain blond hair.

I put on light eyeshadow and lip gloss. Ooh cute I say in my head as I'm looking into the mirror.

I hope I get a good roommate. To bad I can't choose. If I could choose my roommate I would have chosen Marisa or my best friend Rose who also happens to go to the same college.

"Honey," my mom says knocking on my door.

"Just a sec," I walk out with my packed bags.

"I can't believe your going to college already. Are you sure you want to go you don't have to," she starts to cry.

Oh no not again. She did this to Marisa last year.

"Yes mom I want to go and please stop crying!" I hug her.

"I'm sorry I can't help it. My baby is leaving me. Actually both my babies."

"Mom it's like a block away." I say looking annoyed that shes making such a big deal about it.

"I know."

My Dad takes my stuff and helps me fit it all in the car.

"Madison why can't you just live here still?" My mom asks.

"Mom we already went threw this. I want my own apartment and the college is paying for it for me because I did so good in school. If I don't stay there it's like a waist of money. Plus we don't have wifi here and there is wifi there," I stomp my feet.

"Uh we could get wifi here."

"Mom you said that all my life. That never happened and even if you did I still want my own place. I'm 19 years old mom and Marisa is 21."

My mom starts to cry harder.

"Mom I love you I can come over and visit you for holidays." I smile.

"The fuck you are!! You are going to visit me everyday."

"Mom I can't do that with tests and exams and work."

"Work?"

"You got a job?" My dad asks.

"Yup," I fold my arms.

"Where and why didn't you tell us?"

Because I didn't feel like lending you my money all the time, I say in my head.

"Because," I shrug.

"Where do you work?"

"With Marisa at Wesco."

"Wesco?" My mom asks.

"Yup."

" I got to go love you both." I jump into my car and drive to the college.

I park the car in the parking lot and head into the building.

I drag my bags along.

I walk to the secretary desk and ask for my schedule and what room I will be staying in.

She tells me my room number which is 202 and she hands me a key.

"There you go," she says smiling.