Chapter 7 Noah: Part 7 (Edited)

The next morning Noah nearly fell off the couch when Diana slightly shoved him to get the young man awake. When he looked up at her startled she said.

"Breakfast, eat something." she then turned and headed to the door. "I have to head back to the school and get another uniform before Monday; I'll be back in a little while."

"Oh, okay..." Diana turned to the door but stopped when Noah called out. "Could I come with you?"

She frowned at him. "Why?"

"Well..." he cleared his throat. "I'd like to help." then he added. "And to apologize for what I said earlier, last night."

"That's all?" Diana asked. "It's not like it matters now, you said some crap and I stormed out like some frustrated child. We're past that now." She turned to leave only to stop once more when Noah spoke again.

"But it matters to you." he said softly, he glanced to her and seeing how she looked in her expression. "Look, I said something that sounded wrong, and you're right about a lot of things. And about how so many people ignore what they see, but a lot don't really ignore it. With my grandfather, grandmother and great uncle I chose not to think about it, because I don't want to admit that they had gone through such horrible things. But just because I say that doesn't mean I don't think of it from time to time. When I do, I picture it and it's sad... really, really sad."

Diana became quite for a long moment, she let out a breath before looking him in the eye. "I know," she said. "I tend to forget that sometimes, even though this generation hasn't been through those events, not all forget what has happened." she offered a slight half smile. "Thank you Noah, but you're still staying here. It's better if I go alone. It's faster that way."

Noah gave a modest shrug. "I had a feeling you'd say that, but I still wanted to say those things. Even if you were still pissed at me."

"I never said I was still mad at you." she said as she grabbed her coat.

Noah frowned. "Then why did you nearly shove me off the couch?"

She gave him a half grin. "You were snoring." And then she left, leaving Noah with the golden mouse once again.

"Is she always like that?" Noah asked the mouse who was by the kitchen again.

Conscious looked to the boy with a tilt of his head. "What do you mean?"

"Isn't she still mad at me?"

He shook his head. "No, of course not, when I spoke to her last night she had cooled her head from her raging at you before. Much of that time holds painful memories for her, though if she were with others during that time she'd probably just try to laugh it off like them. But those times have passed; now she merely wishes to keep looking ahead without the past dragging behind her."

Noah still felt wary about the whole thing. "Are you sure about that?"

The mouse nodded slightly. "I am, as I've said I have known Diana for years. She tries her best to not judge another person for the things they say. Especially in this day and age when people slip up and say things that they don't mean."

"So there have been others that say things that they meant differently."

"Exactly," then the mouse added. "Although, there have also been those who said things just to insult her because she was a woman, she never took kindly to it."

"What'd she do?"

"She broke one man's arm and fractured another man's ribs. They basically said that she wouldn't be able to fight off two men if they decided to have their way with her. She proved them wrong within moments insulting them back adding more injury to their pride."