New Stuff

It's been a whole day since Thor has given Loki this small beast of burden.

Loki has come to muse over it. It's small legs froliced over his cell's floor with it's giant furry paws softly padding on the floor.He watch the black tail sticking up in the air behind it, disappearing occasionally whenever it would hide behind a stack of books in the corner.

As interesting as it was, it quite stupid whenever it would try to run into the force field or climb something only to fall.

Soon though, Loki grew bored with it and decided to read one of his books again.

His mind however wandered to his escape. How he was to leave this acursed jail then how he was to kill Odin. He would kill the man that lied to him his entire life. That used him as a pawn for his own game-locked him up as a relic. Yes, Loki craved the blood of Odin. He wanted to see the mans last breath leave his body while he sat upon the throne of Asguard.

"Meow!" Loki blinked out of his thoughts, looking down to the annoying sound that disturbed him.

The small black creature pawed at his boot. It's blue eyes looked pleadingly up at the God of Mischief as another meow escaped its small mouth.

"Shut it." Loki growled down to the floor as the kitten meowed again.

At this time, the door to his cell opened revealing Thor carrying boxes. "What is it now that requires you to be in my presence?" Loki spat annoyed towards the God of Thunder.

Thor ignored him and walked towards the kitten at Loki's feet. He watched as the creature ran beneath his chair making Loki's lips twitch a small fraction. He laughed quietly as Thor tried to catch it on his hands and knees.

Sighing, the blonde stood up in defeat for the first time in his life, "I shall give up on her for now. I have a banquet I must attend to with father." Loki frowned at this. His brother was always liked more over the two because he was a true Asguardian and Loki was a Frost Giant.

He glared as Thor walked out of his cell leaving Loki and the kitten in silence.

Kittens perspective

The scary thing with a loud booming cry left. Slowly I crept out from under the giant shelf and ran towards the animal with dark fur. (Loki.) I sat at his paws knowing that if I peastered him, he would only throw me across the room.

I was hungry and I wanted to play. Inpatient, I trotted to the boxes and sniffed about them.

"Food!" I cried out and tried to tear through the thing hideing it. Tasting weird and not budging, I gave up and bounded towards the perch which he sat. "I'm hungry!" I cried, latching onto his paw.

3rd person pov

Loki sighed. Annoyance could be an understatment. First Thor now this creature's constant crying, it was driving the Frost Giant to a migraine.

Loki looked down to the floor watching the black furball bound towards the boxes Thor left behind. The animal disappeared within one.

Curious, Loki stood and strode towards them. He was confused as to why the kitten was biting furiously at a bag. "Idiotic creature you cannot eat-" Loki stopped mid sentence. He began to put two and two together and 'ahed' as he came to understand what it is the kitten was crying about.

Kneeling he shooed the kitten away and grabbed the bag of food. Ripping it open was the first step but finding something to put it in was another. The kitten started to meow continuously, annoying the God of Mischief more if it were possible. "If you don't cease that irritable sound, I shall not feed you!" He roared making the kitten halt its pleas.

Finally Loki found what he was searching for and poured the food into the dish then sat it down for the kitten to eagerly eat. Next, he sat down on the wall watching the thing consume the food without pausing for air.

"If you do not breathe, you will choke on your food." Loki said grabbing the animal by the scruff. He smirk as it tried to struggle out of his hold. "Silence!" The kitten seased all action. Merely it looked him in the eyes.

Loki felt angry that he had to watch this pitiful animal. It was so weak, Loki could kill it with his bare hands alone. He then released it, watching as it ran back to its food dish resuming its meal.

He then dug through the box, pulling out strange objects. Some looked like stuffed animals while others were small spheres with a bell in them. The kitten ran towards Loki, attacking the objects. He presumed that these were toys for the creature.

While the kitten played with a sphere, Loki grabbed a stick with a string attached to the end of it. On the other end was a cluster of feathers. He flung it towards the kitten grabbing its attention.

Smirking, Loki yanked it away before the kitten could capture it in her claws.

He then began to flick it in different directions, watching as she chased after it desperately. Suddenly the kitten stopped and laid on her side making Loki halt his fun.

He must've worn the creature out. Quietly he stood and walked over to her small form laying on the floor. Grabbing her by the scruff, he went to place her on his bed then retreated to his chair to read.

As he red, he made sure that he could see over the top of his book. Between pages he would glance up to see the small creature sleeping on his bed.

That last paragraph! Aww! So, I'm trying to find a name for the little kitten so bare with me. Slowly but surely we'll see small changes of Loki :) BTW thank you Bloodvalkyire and Shadow-Ice for giving me the motivation to keep writing this. :)