Chapter Twenty Eight - Nothing's Wrong

He places a rose in her hair
He stops for a moment and stares
Her beauty's a wonder,
Makes him forget about the end
Cause when it's all over
Who's really gonna care?
We walk, we walk
We just keep walking
We move, we move
We just keep moving on
We sing, we sing,
We sing at the top of our lungs
We walk, we walk,
We walk like nothing's wrong
We walk like there's nothing wrong ~Nothing's Wrong - Echosmith (Thank you, The Sims 4!)

The Reject – Chapter Twenty Eight

Before I could get off the floor, Jace grabbed my wrist. I gave him a questioning look as he removed something from his pocket. A tiny, flat and rectangular box with black and white stripes. It looked pretty classy. Colors Jace wore.

'What's that?' I asked, my excitement getting the better of me. He smiled and handed the box to me? 'Keep it.' He said, looking at my confused expression. 'What?'

'Keep it, Jessie. But don't open it yet.' With that he got up, and helped me up. 'When can I open it, then?' I asked 'I'll tell you.' He replied. We walked out the library together, my hand tightly gripping the box, no questions asked.

Once we reached the drama room, we were made to carry the props and carefully get them inside a truck sent by the theatre in Gate-out. Our bus was gonna leave in a few minutes so I decided to say goodbye to my pack, but since they had classes, I could only use the mind-link to say bye.

I had to sit next to Ashley in the bus, while Jace sat with some dude behind us. It was a long journey, but it was surprisingly fun. We all were singing songs from the musical throughout, and when we ran out, we started singing other popular songs. I laughed hard, and so did Ashley. We had fun. I wasn't expecting her to sit next to me. I thought she would be with one of her other friends, so it was strangely refreshing when she sat next to me. I was sitting by the window, Ashley next to me and Jace was behind Ashley. I know. I peeked.

I felt the box in my pocket. What is it? I was dying to know. I trusted Jace, as weird as that sounds, and I know opening it when he tells me to will have a perfect result but darn this curiosity.

It was chaotic when we reached Gate-Out. Other schools had already reached and were moving everything to their prop rooms. There were a lot of people moving around. No one was staying in one place except our school students, as we were all too busy watching the crowd of people already engrossed in their work.

'This never gets old.' Mrs. C whispered, snapping me out of my little moment. 'Okay, kids! Let's get to work! Here, that's our room and we have to move all out props in there. Ask the driver of that mover's truck to open the... trunk? Tell him to open the trunk please! Okay, move it, move it! Come on!' And we followed her orders. The other members of the props team were being very paranoid about something happening to the props and it was actually kind of funny to watch. A few actors also helped out, unlike Ashley who went off to chat with her besties. Even Noah was helping. Noah, Jaden, Jace and two other guys were carrying the bed towards the room and I did the job of clearing their way.

It took us about 45 minutes to finish up the prop moving work. Mrs. C was finally smiling and she happily told me that we have a lot of time until our show. There were three days left, after all. By that time everyone had already gone off to the hotel we all were to stay in. I waited until everyone had gone- everyone from my school that is- and took a little walk. Brytin High school was currently practicing so I wasn't allowed inside the theatre. I just asked them how long it would take them to finish up and a kindly fellow told me it would be half an hour more. I thanked him with a smile and decided to be in the hotel for a while. My roommates were some three other girls who were actors. They weren't communicating much with me and neither was I talking to them, making it very boring.