Chapter Twenty-Two ~ Everything Has Changed (Yes, it has)

Come back and tell me why

I'm feeling like I've missed you all this time, oh, oh, oh.

And meet me there tonight

And let me know that it's not all in my mind - Everything has changed ~ Taylor Swift feat. Ed Sheeran (<3)

The next day, I had to take the day off school because of my pack, who were too worried to leave me alone, and too worried to make me be with all those students. What a worried bunch they were. I let out a tiny laugh. Even though I really appreciated them, and was happy to have them,staying inside on a school day... nuh uh. Seriously? It's a school day! I can be having fun outside, pretend to be bunking on purpose instead of staying cooped up! I was fine anyway. I think I probably just fell asleep on that rock because I got exhausted by crying. About who brought me back... I had no idea, but patience has a sweet fruit... or something like that.

I decided not to go too far from my pack house as that would worry them if they were to return early or something. I walked out the door. Wow... school days were so pretty! And to think I've been in the classroom staring at the black board on these mornings all these years. Cruel teachers. Teachers... Where was Evan? I've been spying on Mama Ebony. Okay, not exactly spying but just staring whenever she came into view, but I haven't seen Evan till now. Is he alright? He must be... right? I mean, what could have possibly happened in six months? No... it's been eight months now. 

I look at my old pack house. So close to me. Is this even real? The new house they made for my pack was situated on the side of the teenagers packhouse. I had a clear view of things that happened that night. I imagined Noah's birthday party on the front of the house. The stage, the people and... him. At the back of the house, I imagined myself, with my bagpack, tears streaming down my face. I looked pathetic. Looking at myself now, I was much stronger and better both mentally and physically. It's all because of my new pack. After the Were-Stone pack almost broke me down bit by bit, the Fighters pack put together. They made a new me, who was much stronger than that pathetic girl who cried at the back of that building. But that pathetic girl wasn't completely useless. She had guts, to runaway like she did. She didn't run away from nothing. She ran away from a violent and a heartbreaking future. If she hadn't run away, this new me, this new Jessie wouldn't have been born. 

I shook myself. Enough of the past. I need to find out where Evan is. But how...? I looked around but nothing struck my mind. I walked closer to the pack house, hoping to see a familiar face that I at least liked a little. Like Evan, maybe? I scoffed at myself. 

Suddenly, there was a loud noise from the forest next to me. I was closer to the teens pack house now and I could hear wolves running from the forest. There were a lot of them. If they continued coming forward, they would definitely crush me as I was in their way. They wouldn't exactly be able to crush me but my gig would be over. Well, I'll be crushed either way. I knew that I couldn't exactly run back to my packhouse and reach there on time if used human speed, and using werewolf speed was out of the question as people had come out of the packhouse and they'd see me. What were so many teens home today? 

What the heck was happening?

They were close. I counted the seconds. Four, three, two and one- I felt something push me hard and I fell onto the ground. I felt fur. A lot of fur. I was covered by fur. No... did I shift? I could hear the wolves running around me. It was a race. There were a lot of them. I could hear some whimpering. I opened my eyes, only to see the head of a wolf. A golden wolf. 

Noah.

I was petrified. His wolf was covering me. It was protecting me from the other wolves running around us who would have crushed me and broken me completely. If I was human, anyway. What was he doing? It took about three to four minutes for all the wolves to reach the finish line of what I was guessing was a race. I was so stupid. I had forgotten that on a specific date of a month there would a race for the teens, regardless of the day. Always on a full moon. Family day, it was called. The one good thing I liked about this pack.

All this time, Noah was covering me, getting kicked by the other wolves that ran over him. He was huge... How could I never notice how huge his wolf was? He had managed to comepletely cover me, and while he did this, he stared into my eyes. His back was hurt badly and he was slightly whimpering, avoiding my eyes when he did. I on the other hand was worried. As he got kicked, all I could do was look at him. I could feel just a bit of his pain, as he was somehow blocking the link. He wasn't touching me, but I could still feel the pain through the link. It hurt. It hurt so bad. Why was he doing this? 

I was the first to realize that the race was over. Noah fell onto me, his weight completely on me. I immediately called for help, yelling at the top of my lungs. Many ran towards us. I had tears in my eyes. He was my mate no matter what, and he will continue to be my mate until I offially or formally reject him. It hurt me as much as it hurt him. I realized that we were now touching... which was bad. He touched me... he knows. As he was carried off me, his eyes opened to look at me. It was written right there in his eyes.

I found you.

I could only sit there staring at him, shocked. I felt someone put their hands on my shoulders, pulling me up. As I took a breath in, I realized it was Grey. He put his arms around me, trying to comfort me as tears streamed down my face, but I wasn't sobbing. My eyes were wide open. I could have died... That's what I should have been thinking, but instead...

He could have died.