Chapter Four - Breathe

Chapter Four: Breathe

Each breath breathed means we're alive 
And life means that we can find 
The reasons to keep on getting by 
And if reasons we can't find 
We'll make up some to get by 
'Til breath by breath we'll leave this behind
All you have to do is breathe. ~ Breathe - Superchick

Jessie’s POV

Today was the first day of training for me and I was getting ready. Ashley gave me a good pair of boots from her collection of over 12 pairs of different boots. She said that these were one of the most comfortable ones at the moment and that we would go into town to get a pair for me later.

The whole house was beyond amazing. There was modern furniture everywhere! The Royals wanted them to be the most comfortable after training and it was a good thing too because training was exhausting! I had to keep running around a path they made in the forest for two hours! And I have to do it for a week and then Grey would decide if I can move to the next level which is weight lifting.

When I asked him why I had to do all this when I haven’t even shifted yet, he said that the stronger the human, more stronger the wolf. I that even right grammar? I shrugged as I thought of it. We all were exhausted and were in the living room, watching tv and eating chips. I had no cookies, thanks to Sam and Grey.

I honestly think that the name suits him. He had dark, brown hair and these beautiful, a little dark, blue eyes. Ashley said –she has said A LOT of things – that his wolf has grey eyes and grey, almost black, fur.

I was sitting on the couch with my back to the hand rest and my legs on Grey’s lap, Sammy and Katie were giving each other googly eyes on the loveseat, Lily and Troy were feeding each other popcorn – which was hilarious because Troy is always so serious looking. I wanted to laugh but held it in by chewing on my lip. Bad habit, I know but I can’t help it! (A.N. I really can’t help it either! Does anyone else chew their lips?) – and Ashley was texting her boy of the week.

She is on this never ending search for her mate. It’s a good thing that I hate Noah or it would have been really hard leaving him. Now, I almost don’t think of him. Almost because I’m thinking of him right now.

To think of something else, I looked out the window. What I saw made me smile. “Full moon tonight.” I said softly but everyone heard me and stared at the beauty outside the window.

I could tell that my wolf was happy. The moon, full or not, always calms us. Maybe because of the Moon Goddess. I loved that my surname is Moon. A thought came to me then.

“Does a White Wolf have a particular surname?” I asked Grey as he had “researched” White Wolves in a book from the library -Yes, the library. How cool is that?!

The palace wanted the Fighters to know all about the werewolves if they have a threat or something so the library has all-you-need-to-know books about Werewolves- I knew he was sleeping most of the time, though… he woke up whenever I closed or opened a book. I didn’t wake him up because practice was tiring.

“Uh, yeah, It’s usually related to the moon.” He looked at me “Why, what’s your surname.”

“Moon. It’s related to the moon, alright.” I said making him chuckle “Were your parents’ surnames Moon, too?”

I frowned as I realized “No… their surnames were Lucine…”

“That’s Latin for Moon.” Ashley said.

“I’ve heard that before…” Lily said, looking at Jessie for a second. “I don’t remember where.”

I shrugged. We’ll find out later. I’m too tired right now. The TV was on mute because the commercials were annoying. And thanks to the silence, I fell asleep.