Chapter Twenty - Kickin' With You

Every day can be a Saturday evening
Celebration especially when
Every day is just another good reason to keep on kickin' with you
What you got you got a lot of hot something
Ooh your lovin' is the luckiest one
What you do when you do what you do makes me glad I'm kickin' with you ~ Kickin' With You - Jason Mraz (IN looooove with him!)

The Reject - Chapter Twenty

 I nervously rubbed my hands together as I walked into the library. I was gonna do it. Oh my gosh!

There was a bunch of students in there. Most were eating and reading. Some whispering. I smelled the air and tracked Jace looking at the titles of books on a shelf deep inside the library.. 'What's up, Allyn?' he asked me before I could say anything. He hadn't even looked up! 

'Jace...' I drawled out, not knowing what to say. 

'Yes...?' he drawled out too, teasing me. I narrowed my eyes at him 'I have a favour to ask you...'

'And what makes you think that I'll do it?' he asked me, making me scowl.

 'You have to!' I said, a bit loud. The librarian shushed us, but she was ignored.

'You can't make me!'

'You have to do it!'  She shushed us again.

'Oh, really? Why?'

'You just have to!' 

'Stop saying that.' he rolled his eyes 'I don't have to do anything.'

'Alright, that's it! You both are coming with me.' with that, the middle-aged lady took me and Jace by our elbows and dragged us. 'Hey, what the-!' she shushed me and this time, she wasn't ignored.

*~*~*~**~*~*~*

'I don't believe this.' I grumbled and crossed my arms as I sulked into the chair in the reception waiting area. 'Yeah.' Jace, who like always was sitting with his back straight, but with his arms crossed as well. 'It's all you're fault.' he added.

I gaped at him 'How is it my fault?! You're the one who didn't even listen to what I was gonna say!' he shrugged 'Why should I?' 

I glared at him. What did Ashley ever see in him? 

'Alright, Miss Lyra, Mr. Artemis, follow me.' said some lady who looked like a teacher.

'Where're you taking us?' I asked her as I got up along with Jace.

She sighed, 'I am Mrs. Carlton, the drama teacher. I've heard that you are to be punished. This year, at the start of summer, there is going to be a Battle of Plays, where about five or six schools participate. It is going to last for a week, a play a day from each school. Our school was selected and we need more members to help make the props for the drama club. Only four students had signed up.' she sighed again 'And none of them really have good artistic talent.' she freaking sighed for the third time and I felt a major depressed vibe. I moved closer to Jace. He smirked at me and I scowled at him 'The play is going to take place in about a month and we haven't started any props at all. We desperately need help. Also, you have no say in this.' I just gaped at her. Is she for real? What- Today was May 10th and school ended on June 12th. The play would probably be around June 9th or 10th, right? It's not that far. 'This school has been known for it's amazing plays for 4 years and we want to make it 5 but most of the students in the drama club's prop crew are from the art club and this year they are too busy with the art gallery coming up so we have no help at all!'