Unknown

7

We arrived at a pretty high building. It seemed to be a normal office surrounded by other office buildings. I had been driving past this building several times without suspecting a thing.

The three of us walked into the entrance and came into a lobby. A girl with long ginger hair greeted us behind a counter. She had jade green eyes and pink tinted skin. She walked towards us and her long thin legs looked very attractive. The black haired boy threw his keys to her.

- Thanks, Rose, he said as she caught them with one hand.

- Anytime, she answered with a seductive voice.

She walked out to probably park his car.

We walked to an elevator. The black haired one pressed a certain button and a small screen appeared as a square from the wall moved. He pressed his hand against it and the elevator opened. All three of us went inside and the elevator moved up in high speed. We stopped at the 16th floor and walked through a long corridor. In the end, there was a big wooden door with a golden doorknob and small details. The black haired boy knocked in a certain way and the door opened by itself.

He stepped away from the door and waited for me to go inside. As soon as I went inside the door behind me shut. The carved wooden walls were covered with beautifully colored paintings. The shining floor was covered with a long red mat that led all the way from me to a wooden desk. A man sat behind it by a high technologic computer, typing fast. He stopped and looked up at me as he heard the door close.

- Welcome, his strong and determined voice spoke.

I walked across the room to get to him. Maybe this man right here had all the answers that I was searching for.

- Sit down, he ordered and nodded towards the chair in front of me.

I quickly sat down. He had deep black hair, but it was starting to turn greyer, obviously because of his age. He seemed to be in his late 40's. His skin was pale and his eyes were dark blue, getting darker the closer the pupil you looked. It was something with his clear confidence and attitude that made me show huge respect towards him. His aged face looked very experienced and his nose was slightly crooked. The mustache and beard made him look a little Italian.

I could feel the tension in the air and didn't dare to say anything. In my mind, I was begging for him to say something. I got more nervous for each second that passed.

- Do you know why you're here? He asked.

- I'm not sure, I answered honestly.

I was confused by this whole situation.

- You're the daughter of Hawk Atkins, he stated.

- How do you know my father's name? I gasped.

- I knew your father better than you did, he answered coldly.

- Oh, I see, I replied shocked.

- You've been in a bigger danger than you can imagine lately. And you've also been very lucky, so you should be grateful. If it weren't for my men who have been guarding you, this would have ended less fortunate.

- You guarded me? I asked.

- Your life is very important for us right now. We've been trying to keep you unknowing for too long, so I finally brought you here. But I'd like to see the contract you signed before I tell more. He pressed a button on his desk.

The black haired one walked in and handed him the papers.

- Thank you, Liam, he mumbled as he looked through them.