Moving In

8

- If you'd like to follow me, miss, Liam said as he walked back to the elevator.

He had to put his hand on this x-ray looking screen again before the doors opened. The elevator went down two floors and my room was inside the first door to the left. It was really clean and simple. I had a bed, a slide mirror with a wardrobe behind, a big window that covered the whole wall with big curtains to cover, a desk with a chair and a small bathroom with an in-built bathtub you could also use as a shower.

The view was amazing, you could see so much from up here. London was looking cloudy, but beautiful.

- If you're ready we could go back and get your stuff, miss, Liam said.

- Sure, I smiled while turning away from the window.

We took the elevator to the 1st underground floor. We came to a big parking lot and all the cars were shining.

- These are a lot of cars, I gasped.

- This is just the first floor, miss, Ethan laughed.

We took Liam's black car again and went back to my house. I quickly packed everything and put all my suitcases in the car. I looked at my laptop in the kitchen and bit my lip. I remember when I sat there this morning and studied, ate breakfast, not having an idea of that my life would soon change completely. But still, it hopefully was for the better.

I packed the last things before we head back to the headquarters. I saw how my empty apartment disappeared into the now foggy afternoon.

It looked like I had to give up on my career as a journalist, for a while. But I didn't mind, I didn't have any bad thoughts about this yet.

When I came back into my new room, I laid down in bed. It was so quiet and I was all alone. I felt relieved and the pressure was gone. That's when everything came back to me. I had to give up on my current life, my dad had been brutally murdered and I might be next, the world's fate might be in my hands and I was just really overwhelmed by this whole experience. I had a mental breakdown as tears ran down my cheeks uncontrollably, wetting the soft pillow I was hugging tightly.

~

I sat down on the floor and leaned against the wall.

- I'm glad I didn't have to do it since I'm not the most polite, Ashton said while boxing a punching bag.

- I think there's a reason to why you didn't get picked, I laughed.

- The boss always picks his favorites, he teased me.

He always brings that up, and it makes me burdened.

- You don't have a clue on how annoying it was to not be able to speak freely, I sighed.

- Well, Liam doesn't seem to have a problem with it, he said casually as he threw another punch.

- Because he's Liam. He probably grew up talking like that.

- But he doesn't always speak like that, not with us.

- We infected him with our bad language habits, I smirked.

- Nothing could possibly be worse than our informal and incorrect pronunciation and language references, Ashton said with a snobby voice.

- You wouldn't stand a minute, I laughed.