Prologue

~

Hello there, reader! I just wanted to put in a quick author's note. 

If you see any grammar errors or misspellings, it would be great if you informed me :)

Thanks in advance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rain was pouring down on the narrow cobblestone street. The sound of a woman's high heels echoed through the silent area. I turned around a corner and saw a woman. I quickly hid behind a container. An umbrella covered the woman from the rain and she was wearing a tight black dress and black heels. The long brown hair was styled into a classy bun.

I took a small step backwards and hit a rusty old bucket with my foot. I bit my lip and held my breath as I looked up, slowly. Two big crystal colored eyes met mine.

I felt the adrenaline rush. Did she see me? She frowned a bit, but then she looked away and walked past my hiding spot. I slowly sneaked out of the shadows and followed her, tried to be as quiet as possible.

She suddenly slowed down and turned her head a little bit. Then she started running. Her heels were slamming against the wet cobblestone. I ran after her.

She turned left into an empty alley and I quickly followed. She came to a dead end and spun around and faced me. I could see fear all over her pale skin. Her pink tinted lips were shaking.

She yelled and I quickly had to get to her, cover her mouth and press her against the ground. She hit her head against the hard stone ground and quickly lost consciousness. Did I kill her? I quickly checked her pulse and took a relieved breath when I felt her heart beating.

The next second I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw two familiar faces. I had to quickly escape. I looked at the body on the ground and knew I had to leave her behind. The two men were close now.

- Hey, you! There's no use in trying, a calm and deep voice said. I knew that voice too well.

They walked straight up to the girl and me. I heard a weak groan. All of us looked down surprised on the girl. I knew that was my shot, so I ran right past them, in a blink of an eye. The men's reactions were too slow to catch me. I quickly turned around the corner and heard a gunshot in the same second. I knew I was lucky because these two had good aiming skills, steady hands and many years of training.

I heard footsteps behind me and turned my head around to see what it was. As expected I saw a shadow running after me with a high pace. I knew that guy was a good runner.

I ran for what felt like hours. Did I go in circles? I turned around and I still saw a shadow following me in the darkness, but he was getting further away. When I turned back around I could see a clock tower far away in the distance. I increased my speed and didn't stop until I reached the Big Ben. The shadow was gone, but I still didn't feel safe. But since I was really tired and out of breath, I sank down and rested against the hard wall. The rain had stopped and the sun was rising.

These two had probably been guarding her. There was no way they could have managed to get there so quickly.

This would be harder than we thought.