Personal Trainer

14

- You have ten minutes to prepare yourself for breakfast.

I got up and did my daily routine before heading down to the cafeteria. I looked in the fridge and saw a plate with delicious looking breakfast. It had a note on it, saying the exact same thing as yesterday. Who kept making breakfast for me?

I ate breakfast with my teammates like the day before and after that we helped out in the kitchen. I was doing the dishes together with Scarlet and Theodore when someone tapped my shoulder. It was Riley.

- You'll have to come with me, he told me and smiled a bit.

What was this about?

- It's an order from Mr. Kingsley, he added after seeing my unchanged reaction.

- Oh, I see.

I removed my white apron and hung it on an empty hook.

- I'll see you guys later, I told the others.

Riley and I walked in silence to the elevator.

- Where are we going? I asked him to break the ice.

- To the training rooms, he told me.

- But I-

- I'm going to train you, he interrupted me.

- Really?

He nodded intensively.

We entered one of the big training rooms and I immediately saw the winning team practicing across the room with Mr. Bennett. All of them turned around to face us and I looked away, feeling ashamed by some reason. Riley noticed.

- Are you feeling embarrassed of me? He smirked.

- Not really, I answered.

He frowned as Mr. Bennett walked over to us.

- Morning, his loud and strict voice called out.

- Good morning, Marshall, Riley answered.

- How come you two are here? Shouldn't you be helping out in the kitchen Miss Atkins?

- We're doing private training, Riley told him in my place.

- Let the girl speak for herself, he snapped at him.

- Do you think it's okay to leave your team behind? Are you proud of your teamwork? Do you think training alone is going to make you the winning team? Or are you going to let your team down and just work on your own? What's your plan? Let's hear you out!

I didn't know what to answer. He was about to say something again, but Riley stopped him.

- I think we're done here, he said.

- Oh, really? Mr. Bennett asked with raised eyebrows.

- Certainly, Riley mumbled as he turned to the door.

Mr. Bennett stared me down, waiting for me to make a decision, to leave or stay. I completely froze, not knowing what to do.

- Let's go, Riley told me.

I did as he said and avoided eye contact with Mr. Bennett as I hurried to the door. Riley held it up for me and then slammed it behind us.

- Where are you going now? I sighed as he walked down the hallway.

- There are plenty of practice rooms for us to use. But right now I really need air, because he really pissed me off.