Restricted Area

15

The whole losing team were sitting and eating breakfast very early as usual. I sat in between Lucas and Theodore, eating the food that had been prepared for me by this unknown person, like any other day.

- So, Amy, Lily began.

- Yeah?

- Are you planning on leaving us today too?

Everyone stopped eating and got silent. Someone cleared their throat awkwardly.

- Aren't you going to answer? She asked me.

- Come on, it's an order from Mr. Kingsley. She's just doing her duty, calm down Lily, Lucas said.

- I'll actually agree with Lily here. You're letting the whole team down without even being bothered by it, one of the boys said.

- How do you know? I tried to defend myself.

- Well, if you don't, I think you should try a little harder to show us.

- I agree, Lily said.

- I'm sorry guys, it's not what it looks like, I mumbled.

- Then, what is it? Lily asked.

- I always feel so guilty when I'm around you. I'm always worst in everything that we do, and I always let us down. I feel like I would fit into the group so much more if I just got some extra practice, so I could catch up a bit, I told them honestly.

Everyone got silent.

- I'm sorry Jessamy, the boy said.

Lily just stared into her plate as she ate.

I got picked up by Riley a few hours later. This time, no one complained or said anything.

- So, we've been practicing a lot of different things to get more knowledge about your skills. So today, we'll keep going through my list here, Riley told me.

- What have you planned for today then, coach? I asked him eagerly.

He always did these fun training activities and I always looked forward to seeing what we would be trying out.

- We're going to see how well you can handle vehicles, he smiled.

- Vehicles?

- Vehicles. Objects that get you from one point to another. Invented to shorten the time traveling by using high speed.

- Alright, I get it! I laughed.

- Let's go to the garage then, he said.

I thought he was going to press the 2nd floor underground, which was the parking lot. But instead, he pressed the 3rd floor underground.

- Did you press the wrong button? I asked him.

- No, I didn't, he simply answered.

- But the parking lot is at th-

- Believe me, I know what I'm doing, he answered confidently.

- You have now reached a restricted area, the female voice called out from the elevator speaker.

The elevator doors opened and I gasped at what I saw. It was another parking lot, looking the exact same. But the vehicles were very different. It was everything from high-tech sports cars to expensive looking boats and airplanes. The whole parking lot was like a museum from the future.