Déjà Vu

3

- Jessamy, you got another order over there! My boss yelled at me.

- I'm coming! I called.

The cafe I worked in wasn't crowded at all. But I was still a bit dizzy in my head and easily forgot about people's orders and stuff. My boss knew about my current condition, but she didn't see that as an excuse for me to be abstracted.

- Hi, what would you like to order? I asked the customer.

- A mocha latte please, he said.

He must have had a rough morning, he looked pretty much dead.

- That's all? I asked him and put on a sweet smile.

He nodded with a hanging head. There was something strange about him.

After giving the customer his order, I had my lunch break.

I called River to see what he was doing.

- Hello?

- Hi Riv, what are you doing right now? Can we go and eat lunch together? I asked him.

- I told you last week that I was going to my parents this weekend. Oh right, sorry Amy, he laughed when he realized.

- No, it's fine, I told him.

- We'll have to go out and eat when I come back!

- Sure thing, bye!

- See you.

I decided to go eat at a nearby lunch restaurant. You could get a pretty decent meal for a cheap price.

I sat down by a table and a girl in my age took my order. She had jet black hair in a ponytail and sun tanned skin.

I sat and waited for my food for a while. But then I realized I really had to use the bathroom. I left my seat and tried to find the restrooms. I managed to find them and walked into the ladies room. The small room had three sinks with a long mirror above. There were also three grey stalls.

I went into a stall. As soon as I locked someone came into the restroom. I heard someone turn on a sink.

When I was done I got out of the stall. All three sinks were turned on and the water rinsed down on the floor. Someone had clogged the sinks with paper so the water couldn't rinse down. But the weirdest part was the mirror. Someone had written: "Control your mind, or someone else will" with a red pen. I got goosebumps when I read that. I quickly turned off all the sinks and got out of there.

I got back to my seat and had this uncomfortable feeling. My food arrived and I quickly ate it and paid. Then I almost ran back to the coffee shop.

That weird feeling followed me the rest of the day. When I came back home I cooked spaghetti and watched TV. I felt pretty spooked out because of the earlier incident, so I watched the kid's channel. The colorful and happy characters calmed me down.

Later on, I went to bed. I was about to close the curtains when I saw someone stand right outside my door, The person was staring me down. I froze. He rang the bell without breaking the eye contact. Then he gave me a horrifying grin.

My heart started beating really fast. I quickly closed the curtains and got away from the curtains.

The person kept ringing the bell. His ringing became more intense and he started to knock too. I felt really scared. But there was some déjà vu feeling to this. It felt like I had experienced this before. I knew there was something, but I couldn't remember. My head started to hurt because of over thinking.