Chapter 6•Moaning Rebel

The next day came, and during music Mr.Kelly gave us the whole period to chat with our partners about the project. Levi coming over yesterday seemed completely pointless now.

"Did you do some research on cellos?" Asked Levi, leaning back in his seat with his arms crossed. He had his jacket off, his white sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

"Yeah, and I think I'll be able to play the cello." I said, fiddling with the end of my red neck tie.

"You better be able to." Levi narrowed his eye at me.

"Sure thing, prick biscuit. So how do you want to do this? You have any cellos lying around?"

"Yeah, two of them."

"Why do you have two cellos lying around?" I questioned.

"Why are you a piece of shit? I just do, brat."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes. He's probably richer than I thought. "So you want me to come over and we can practice?"

Levi thought about this for a moment, his frowning lips twisting to the side. "I don't think so. I'll just come over again."

"But what about the cellos?"

"I'll bring them over." He said simply.

"You want to lug over two, big ass cellos to my tiny apartment?" I laughed.

"Yes. And it's not that small." He shrugged.

"Won't it just be easier if I just came over?"

"No." He said darkly.

"Alright, fine. But I'm not helping you move them back and forth from your car to my apartment." I pointed at him with my index finger.

"Fine." He agreed flatly. "Until after school, shit princess."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

I walked back home after school. Levi told me he was going to drive to his place and get the cellos, then come over to my apartment so we could start rehearsal. As I walked home, I felt my phone go off in my bag, revealing a text from my mom.

Chama-Llama at 3:01
Hey, I'm going to be stuck at work until 8 tonight. Sorry :( there's chicken in the freezer for dinner

I sighed and shoved my phone back in my bag. No big deal. She has to work late sometimes, I'm used to it. Except freezer burnt chicken didn't sound so appetizing for dinner.

When I got to my apartment door, I began to dig around for my keys. But they were no where in sight. I suddenly remembered I put them on the counter yesterday and never put them back in my bag.

"Oh, fuck." I groaned, throwing my head back. I dialed Levi's number he exchanged with me eailer, waiting for his answer.

"What is it?" He answered. I would have snapped at his rude greeting, but I didn't feel like pissing him off any further.

"I can't do rehearsal tonight, sorry."

"Why not?"

"I'm locked out of my apartment."

"When does your mother get home?"

"Five or...wait, no. Damn it, she's working late tonight." I sighed. "I...I guess I'll just go to Eren's house or something. Maybe Jean can come get me-"

"What time is your mom coming home tonight?" He cut me off sharply.