Chapter 20 Lovely Day For a Swim

A mucky feeling stained my skin and the smell of chlorine woke me up. A moan bubbled out of my lips as I blinked open, finding an baby blue wall facing me. I sat up, feeling a tightness growing on my belly. My eyes dropped down to find a neon orange rope tied to my waist. My gaze followed the rope, and it ended wrapped around securely on a large cinder block. Not far next to me was the school swimming pool, glowing in the fair blue lighting like the carribean ocean.

"Look who's up." Crooned a husky voice. I gasped and whipped my head over, seeing a man sitting at the bleachers not too far away. He wore a long, leather black coat, a hat placed on his head, and dark gloved on his hands. His rough face was scuffed with a light beard, his ashy hair touching his shoulders. His bitter eyes  burned into mine, his smirk making me want to scream with fury.
"What the hell." I demanded coldly. He let out a rough laugh and stood to his feet.

"Don't remember me?" He asked. "Last time you saw me you nearly pissed yourself."

"Shut up." I barked, but I still felt the need to relieve my blatter, I was so petrified. And I knew he could feel it. It was like he was feeding off of it.

"Oh, you are a tough little cookie." He quipped. "Is Levi going to save you now?"

"What?" I asked, confused as to why he brought him up. Then I remembered this man must of had his phone. Levi lost it at home. "...Are...you Levi's uncle?"

"You can call me Kenny." He beamed darkly, strolling over to me at the side of the deep end of the pool. "It's nice to finally meet you."

"Get the fuck away from me or I swear to god I will fuck you up." I threatened.

"Yeah, I bet sister!" He boomed with laugher. "I'm afraid you're gonna have your ass parked there for a few minutes. Damn, you're a hell lot tougher than your mom there."

"What?" I breathed, my eyes going wide. Kenny smirked down at me wickedly.

"I'm think you heard me, doll face." He jeered. "I beat that bitch to a bloody pulp in that parking lot. Took me forever to find her, but I manged. I would have killed her like planned if I wasn't caught. Oh well, hopefully my damage on her was enough to slowly kill her; just as long as I get the job done."

I started up at the inhuman man in overwhelming fear and dispare. My brain couldn't process what was happening. I couldn't believe I was facing my mother attempted killer.

"You're sick." I whispered out.

"So?" He grinned, grabbing me by the chin harshly. "Now that your mother is out of the way, it's your turn. I'll tell Levi you said hi."

He shoved my face away and headed to the cinder block. I tried crawling away, but the block was heavier than I thought. The damp ground didn't make it any easier, causing my feet to slip under me.

"Why are you doing this!?" I screamed in a panic.

"Because I promise your father I would." He grinned hellishly before he shoved the block into the pool. It sucked me into the pool with it, the cold water stocking my body. The jerk of the rope made my back crack with pain, making me scream underwater. The block hit the floor, then after that it was total silence. I struggled 5 feet from the bottom of the pool, trying to untie the rope around my waist; and even attempted to lift the cinder block. But it was no use. My heart was thumping in my ears and bubbles poured out from my air forbidden lips. My brain felt like it was swelling from the lack of air while my fingers struggled with the knot of the rope.

This was it. It was over.

Or so I thought.

My thoughts shifted as the sound of crushing water hit next to me, the blurry vision of someone was swimming towards me. It was Levi's face that was almost better than a breath of fresh air. He pulled himself over and started fighting with the rope. I tried to help, but my fingertips started to tingle. He finally ripped it off my waist and replaced it with his arm. He dragged me to the surface. We both frantically gasped for sweet air, feeling my red face fade back into ivory. He tossed me and himself to the edge and we caught our breaths. He grabbed my shoulders and held on tightly.

"Are you okay?" He asked breathlessly.

I nodded.

"Are you hurt?"

I shook my head.

"Say something, idiot!" He yelled, his voice cracking towards the end as his eyes softened.

"I'm okay." I breathed. He let out a shaky breath and clutched my face, pushing away the wet strand of hair.

"I'm sorry." He gasped. "I didn't mean to get you tangled up in this mess, I'm so sorry Rebel." I couldn't believe how much emotion he was displaying right now. It was more than when he confessed his feelings for me. I nodded and held to the side.

"It's fine. Let's just get out of here." I said. He nodded and climbed out. He offered me a hand and I took it, and he tugged me out. I looked down, my white blouse now see-through due to the water. I crossed my arms to hide my black bra and cleavage, cold and embareassed all at once. Levi noticed and walked over to the bleachers.

"Here." He said, nodding to the doors. "My blazer is in the car. You can cover yourself with that."

I nodded and followed him out of the dead quiet school. It was way passed closed and I couldn't tell what time it was. We reached the outside, the cold air hitting my soaking wet clothes. I shivered, my arms over my chest tightening.

"Shit." Levi mumbled, putting his arm around in an attempt to keep me warm. We scurried out to his car that was parked in the front and we both hopped in. Levi didn't hesitate to turn on the car and turned every heater on. He reached into the back and pulled out his blazer and handed it to me. I muttered a 'thank you' and wrapped it around my freezing shoulders.

"No problem." He mumbled, and pulled out his phone. He called the police, informed them what happened, paused, told them the location, then hung up. We sat there, the sound of the heaters blowing in hot air filled the gap of silence.

"...Levi?"

"Hm?"

"Thank you for saving me." I said quietly. I wanted to cry, but it was like all of them were left behind in the pool.

"Of course, Rebel." He said, keeping his eyes on the window that began to steam up. For the rest of the wait we said nothing. I wanted to still be mad at him, yet I wasn't. So I punished both of us by not letting me speak a word.