Chapter 26 Her Father's Death

I released the knife tightly gripped in my hand as I reached out for Levi and out of Kenny's hand. Yet, my finger tips only found the door.

"Levi?" I cried out. "Levi!" I screamed, my voice escalating into frantic yells. I heard a grunt that could only be Levi's, followed by the sound of a body hitting the floor. I felt a strong arm loop around my neck and began dragging me away. I struggled and kicked my legs everywhere, until I felt myself go airborn. It wasn't until I hit the stairs did I realize I had been thrown down the basement steps. I tumbled down a couple of steps before I skidded across the dirty floor. The wind was knocked out of me and my head throbbed like an adrenalin filled heart beat as I laided pathedicly on the floor. I slowly lifted my head and gazed up the stairs, seeing Kenny trot down them. I scrambled up to my feet, stumbled a bit, but remained my composure and searched for anything to defend me; as well as kicking myself for dropping the knife moments ago. I searched for a weapon, soon coming across a rusty pair of sissors on the counter. I turned around, and was too shocked to muster a sound when Kenny was right infront of me. He grabbed a handfull of my hair and gave a hard yank, making me yalp and duck away. I gave him a good stab in the wrist, only causing enough pain to let go of me. With this small chance, I booked it up the stairs for Levi; praying my heart out that he wasn't dead. I only made it up four steps when Kenny's hand grabbed my ankle and I fell right down, my teeth chopping down on my lips. I rolled onto my back and gave his face a good kick, hearing a crack of his nose that made me internally crindge. I could feel my bloody bottom lip beginning to swell as I wiggled my foot out of his grip and once again aimed my race for Levi, but Kenny was not going down. He grabbed the back of my jacket and threw me back down, this time my body forcing me to just lie there for a bit.

"You don't give up, do you?" Kenny shouted breathlessly, brick red blood dripping down his nose. "You've become more of a pain in my ass than I expected. Beating up your mom was a hell of a lot easier."

"Shut up!" I boomed and lunged at him with the sissors to his face. I didn't care if he killed him, at this point I wanted his awful, impure blood on my hands. I wanted him to suffer. He tore my family apart and now I was going to tear him apart. He blocked me without skipping a beat, using his arm as shield. I only manged to get a nick on his cheek and hoped he hasn't gotten his tetnis shot in a while. He tossed me back like I was a ragdoll. I hit one of the bars that I found Levi to, my knees bending as I slid down. My vision blurred in and out for a moment, and it took me a few seconds that Kenny had kneeled down to my eye level.

"You're as stupid as your father." He stated with a tone as cold and hard as stone, and I felt my heart quicken at the mention of my father.

"Go to hell," The words bubbled out from my weak mouth.

"Yeah, I'll be sure to see you down there soon, doll face." He chuckled darkly. Blood trickled down the side of my head and I felt too tired to cry. All I wanted was sleep and wake up to find my dad waiting for me. Maybe death wasn't the worse thing. I came here to die, didn't I?

"How..." I felt my lips form the word's.

"What?"

"My dad...how did he die? Tell me..." The only thing I was fighting now was to keep my eyes open and myself alert if he was going to grant my last request. Kenny cocked his head to the side and finally let out a small sigh.

"Oh, you'll love this..." A grin curled across his wicked lips as he began to reveal the secret of how my father's life was really taken away.