Summer Camp

"So kids lets play the staring game " we all rolled our eyes at the sound of her overexcited voice that would haunt us all week long.

My best friends and I sat on the damp log allocated and watched as the crazy camp leader jumped around the fire like a kangaroo to liven our group up. Little did they know we were already lively enough. My friends consisting of Keisha, Chanel, Poppy, Shawn, Kenan, Tyrus and of course had all had a little to drink before the midnight gathering of everyone at the campsite.

So here we were sitting there staring at her and giggling at the jokes being made. It was incredibly to see how our whole group had the courage to stay quite and refrain from exposing our alcoholism. But nevertheless we managed to answer questions and participate as usual as if nothing had happened.

"Let's go guys , I wanna see you all trying your best to stay focused" she squealed again but I knew not to look at any of my friends because I did I would have broken.

Eventually, we all got up and were face to face with our partners, hand in hand.

Me and Tyrus got up and stood in position ready to begin . But all could do was giggle as Tyrus bit his lip while he looked me up and down.

" you looking real nice in that you know..." He licked his lips and he tightened his grip on my hands. I blinked looking over at my friends to distract myself only to find them staring back at us. I held myself together and turned back to him trying so badly to hold in this drunken laugh.  I stole a glance down at my clothes and then back up to him who was still staring at me as if he was looking for an answer. It could of been that or that his drunken self had forgotten to stop looking at me.

" Um... Tyrus, I'm wearing jeans that are so dirty they look black, 3 waterproof jackets and hiking boots. My hair is an absolute mess and I stink like shit. Where do I look nice?" I pushed him at the end only for him to grab the hand that landed on his chest. My eyes shifted to them both and he chuckled lowly. We'd been having this moments a lot this trip , more than usual too.

He pulled me closer to him so our bodies were close  to touching and our feet were toe to toe.

" you'd never understand what I see " he moved away from my ear, breathing one last time to let the heat trickle down my neck. I shivered trying to recollect what he said. I opened my mouth to say something when I realised there was no point.

Finally, the game began and we were well underway until Tyrus unlocked his hands from mine and placed them at my waist. The sparks in my mind started to fly not allowing me to see his face and suddenly making me blink continuously. This was enough for the leader to call out. " you 2, Tyrus Kia your out !!!!!!!!" She giggled and clapped her hands.

My face dropped as I walked back to the log and plumped down on it. Behind trailed Tyrus who sat smoothly next to me.

" I'm so sorry Tyrus " I quivered

" oh come on I didn't really wanna play that game, it's ok, we did our best and even though we didn't win at least we out together. " I nodded as my teeth chattered.

"Hey are you cold " he moved closer hugging me in.

" yeh just a little "

"Well don't just sit there and be cold, here, take my jacket. " he removed his jacket from his layers and placed it around my shoulders and once again embracing me with his sweet smell and heat.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Later on that night, everyone was laying in there bed and chatting when Tyrus motioned for me to come to his bed . I whipped my legs over my jail bed, slid on my slippers and shuffled across the cabin to him . I stood at the head of his bed as he looked up at me .